Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Microaces SE5a 'Schweinhund' build thread

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Microaces SE5a 'Schweinhund' build thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 04:39 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

So build COMPLETE! And first flight was yesterday. Thrilled with the way it flies and looks in the air. Ordering another kit very soon so I can build up a squadron of these awesome little machines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIq-nasfhJI
Old 11-22-2016, 06:23 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice Dominic. Do you know if there is a U.S. distributor, or would I need to order direct from U.K.?

An older thread said they were closing up shop, but must have changed their minds, I guess?

Jim
Old 11-22-2016, 07:37 AM
DominicM

Order from UK only, as far as I know, but it's a cardboard envelope. It shouldn't cost much to send it anywhere in the world.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:27 PM
buzzard bait

Well, I was inspired by your thread to go ahead and order one, the Landis SE-5A. Shipping to U.S. was 3.99 pounds for a total of 43.99 pounds. Checking online rates, that should be just under $55. I won't know exactly until my bank pays PayPal.

That compares favorably with Stevens Aero, which sells an SE-5A of exactly the same size for $49 plus shipping, and then you have to buy covering material and transfers for the roundels, etc. And according to advertising, it weighs more. But then there's the appeal of a wood kit, so it's a matter of taste. I love wood, but just had to see that amazing color printing and see how it all comes out.

Not sure why they recommend a GWS 4530; I'd think a 5030 with that motor would be better suited. The PKZ prop is about a 5x3. Anyway, I'm sure they've tested it all out.

Really looking forward to it!

Jim
Old 11-23-2016, 11:43 PM
DominicM

Great to hear Jim! Good luck with the build.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:42 AM
buzzard bait

I received my kit two days ago, 2 weeks from sending off my order. Cost was about US$56, so exchange rate charged was just slightly above what I saw online. Package is absolutely flat and firm, none of the bending that happened in some of the first trials. All looks terrific, looking forward to the build.

I've got a radio salvaged from a beat up HZ Champ and a motor from a broken Sport Cub. The stronger motor is advised by Microaces, though the Champ motor would surely work.

Jim