Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

E-Flite UMX Cessna 182 Skylane tm BNF

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

E-Flite UMX Cessna 182 Skylane tm BNF

Old 01-17-2017, 02:07 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite UMX Cessna 182 Skylane tm BNF

I bought the little Cessna 182 with 3AX because I like to fly in the front yard I have several others.
I forever have flown these little airplanes with an Orange ORX T-six transmitter that transmits DSM2 with great success,
I cannot get the Cessna to bind with the transmitter. Ive tried everything, 3 different batteries, multiple switch positions, a bunch of distances differences, away from my wifi and cell.
Thinking it might be the TX i tried binding to 6 other UMX planes and it worked fine.
Anyone with information here that might help would be very much appreciated...

Dennis
Old 01-17-2017, 06:50 PM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How close is the transmitter to the plane? Sometimes if you are too close, you may not be able to bind. Try binding 6-10 ft away.

Bob
Old 01-18-2017, 07:45 AM
drdoom

Originally Posted by BelAirBob
How close is the transmitter to the plane? Sometimes if you are too close, you may not be able to bind. Try binding 6-10 ft away.

Bob
I tried every length form a foot , 20 feet .

It bound well to the old junk parkzone DSM2 4 channel. with the worst resolution in R/C history. Those planes are unflyable with those $10 transmittters

Last edited by drdoom; 01-18-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:17 AM
drdoom

I just talked to the Horizon support and was told that the new UMX aircraft will no longer bind with the ORX equipment that you will need Spectrum transmitters.