Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Way easier Way, to cover Ifo

Old 04-27-2002, 12:25 AM
airjeffro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way easier Way, to cover Ifo

I got my Ifo last year, and covered it as directed. Man, I sure do hate using that spray on contact cement. I recently recovered the Ifo using Scotch permanent glue stick as the adhesive. The glue stick was easier, faster and much much less messy.

Start by spreading your covering material on the kitchen table, if you have a table with removeable leafs spread the table about 1/4 in for the lg post to go through. Tape your covering material down around the edges. Now spread the glue stick on the top of your Ifo frame, go fast and don't miss any part of the frame( wow that took a whole minute to do) Now turn your frame over position the lg post over the gap in your table, and lay the frame onto the covering pressing the frame down as much as possibleto adhere to the covering. Now with some sharp scissors cut around the frame, leaving about 1/4 in extra material to wrap around the frame. Wrap the covering around the edges and you are done. You might have to flex the control surfaces and trim a little around the hinges to make sure nothing is binding, but you are done. It took me a lot longer to type this than it took to cover my Ifo. I used gift wrap celophane as covering, which cost about a dollar per roll. You can use just about anything to cover one of these things, just keep it light
Old 05-11-2002, 03:56 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way easier Way, to cover Ifo

Another tip is to get the .5 oz kite fabric and use the same glue
sticks. Many colors to choose from and very durable. We've had
several midairs during our indoor season and the fabric has yet
to tear.

Randy