Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

pico servo motor as a powerhouse-ya baby

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

pico servo motor as a powerhouse-ya baby

Old 10-30-2003, 12:37 PM
jimbosstuff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pico servo motor as a powerhouse-ya baby

Well I have more time than,well money as they say. So I'm in the shop with this gws pico servo that needs some playing with,after a few minutes here are all these parts,cool gears and a neat little motor with a brass pinion..and some gears from the output stuff,well one thing led to another and,, here is a motor with a piece of w-d40 tube for a prop shaft support and a piece of 1mm music wire,a balsa spacer,a gear form the gear train and a u-80 prop. So I c.a'd this all together and what a power house...at 4.8v it pulls about 310mha at 56 hundred rpms. This motor is smaller than a K00 and is good for higher voltage?,Maybe I can use two Li-po in series and not fry it? A ratio of about 3:55-1 or there whereabouts. I think that with a better prop-gear setup I'll be able to drop the load down a bit. Has anyone else played with these motors? I'm going to install it in a thing I call the micro tank and see how she does, Scotty,she can"t take anymore capt'n.. E-Jim