Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Anyone flying a GWS Gold Angel yet?

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Anyone flying a GWS Gold Angel yet?

Old 11-12-2003, 10:57 AM
sheptack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone flying a GWS Gold Angel yet?

I am trying to find info on how the GWS Gold Angel flies indoor. Any info would be appreciateed.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:18 AM
rcwebs

Default RE: Anyone flying a GWS Gold Angel yet?

I have just flown the ladybug indoors last Wednesday. To start off it was fast and very touchy. After I got the feel of it you could calm it down and fly much slower. It would roll, loop, harrier, torque roll and just about anything you could throw at it. I think it's a bit heavy and I'm going to try and reduce some weight. I was flying it with a stock GWS flight pack on a 3 cell 700Mah Kokam Li-poly battery built stock with the addition of rudder held on with a little foam-safe CA. It was fun to fly and all the guys joked with me that they wanted to step on my little pesky flying bug. javascript:void(AddText('[>:]'))
Old 11-17-2003, 08:54 AM
sheptack

I think I saw you fly it, were you flying it at Springfield High School? That thing flew really fast on 3 cells, wonder what it would do if it had a smaller motor?
Old 11-17-2003, 08:59 AM
sheptack

Here is a reply I got from another post on the E-Zone:

For fun I substituted the 300C "B" gearing and 9/7 prop that came with my Easy Bug with an IPS A drive and 10/6 HD prop.

This combination weighs about 4.8 ounces without landing gear and battery and would make a great indoor flyer.

Nice loops from level flight, good inverted but rolls suffer a bit because of the lack of speed.

The center of gravity was back a bit further than I like with 2S 340 lipoly cells but improved with 700's.

Anyone willing to try 3 lipoly cells in series would have a great indoor hoverer.