Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Small R/C Pitts

Old 12-22-2003, 10:39 PM
Kyle2Baseball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small R/C Pitts

If u have one of theys how do they fly or what is some other good small planes they make. I appreciate it.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:25 AM
roberts-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Small R/C Pitts

If you are reffering to the one sold by smallrc I have built two and flown one. It is a neat little plane but you have to really watch the weight. It is a slow flyer and not aerobatic at all but really neat to see fly. You can get free plans of it over on ezone and build your own for only a couple of dollars worth the balsa.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:33 AM
dhurd

Kyle,
You may want to check our site out. We have some video of the Pitts on our website under our gallery section. You can also see our other small planes under our products site as well as video of most of them in the gallery section.

Regards,

Dan Hurd
www.smallrc.com
Toll Free: 1-866-FLY-MICRO
Old 01-11-2004, 08:17 PM
roberts-RCU

Definately check out Dan's site. BTW Dan, I bought an RFFS 100 from you about two months ago and just wanted to thank you for your great products and ingenuity. I've already built two Pitts and the Little Skeeter and am about to start on a scratch built Fokker Eindecker. I'm having a ball and dont even have to leave my yard. Thanks again. Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36113.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	89719  
Old 01-12-2004, 08:47 AM
dhurd

Craig,
The Christiansen Eagle looks awesome!! I always liked thier color scheme.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Tim Wolff
My Feedback: (4)

Nice looking Pitts! What are you using to color them?
Old 01-12-2004, 06:52 PM
roberts-RCU

Thanks for the kind words. They are colored with Badger air brush paints like those used for fabric and a mix of Sharpie and water based markers. The red one I just brushed the paint on but the white one I very carfully sprayed (before assembly) and gained a couple less grams of weight. I found the Eagle decal layout on the internet and printed it out, then I just blew the pics up until the wingspan of the graphic closely matched the plane. Then, using tracing paper, I traced the layout. I turned the tracing paper up side down on the wings/fuse and drew them again. This causes some of the pencil to go onto the parts leaving a light outline. From there I took a black ink pen and darkened the outlines with the help of a strait edge and colored the inside with markers. This is all done before you assmble the plane. All of the pieces are flat and easily worked with. Some care is needed while glueing so you dont run the colors but it isnt too difficult. Again, if you totally screw it up you're only out a couple bucks worth the balsa and a bit of time. I just came in from busting the nose off my little skeeter and I think I'll get started on a new plane for this weekend. Perhaps a micro moth...
Old 02-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Franz2002_01

I am thinking of getting a Pitt as well. I am new to Micro planes, so I am not familiar with what works best. I was thinking of getting a Firefly brushelss motor set up from Astroflight. The motor has 7w and weighs around 14g. Any idea if this would be to heavy. (The original motor weighs around 4-6g; but I have no idea on its power rating.)
Old 02-05-2004, 09:51 AM
dhurd

Franz,
If this is your first foray into micro the Pitts probably isn't the best choice. The Firefly is too heavy the Pitts we have is designed for actuators which would require a receiver designed to make use of them (like the RFFS-100 or JMP Combo). If you'd like you can give us a call toll free at 1-866-FLY-MICRO or email us at [email protected] and we would be more then happy to get you started on the road to micro flight.

Regards,