Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

What could I make with these motors?

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

What could I make with these motors?

Old 01-18-2004, 07:10 PM
NitroSpazzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could I make with these motors?

Ok I have about 5 of the little bit-charger/microsizer motors. I think 4 yellow ended and one red end one. I am considering starting off on a simple free flight model and I am wondering what they could pull. Also what prop and battery would be best?

My second motor is the AstoFlight 010 brushless See it HERE. I would really like to make a plane that could hover using this motor but I am not sure if it is possible. My goal is to make something I could fly around in my driveway on windless days and also fly at the Field House at my high school.

So I am semi-clueless as to batterys (I am thinking 2-3 cell lipolys), servos, rx, lots of stuff for the astroflight plane but the Bit free flights I think I will just find a good power source and prop then experiment. I have some really light weight arrow shafts that I am planning on using for most of the parts. I will cut to size and do whatever is needed. So any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oh and if you think I could get a better motor/esc setup for close to the same price (within say $50) that would give me better performance tell me please. Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What could I make with these motors?

Nitro,

There has not been a lot of traffic here on the bit planes, but you can make them power a very light plane. Most Bit planes weigh a half ounce of less. I will have to direct you to another site that has more threads on the subject. See: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=85 and look for the 'bit' threads and in the 'Useful Threads' sticky thread at the top of the list.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:56 PM
NitroSpazzz

Default RE: What could I make with these motors?

Thanks a bunch, I'll start designing and messing with the things.