Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

faster charger??

Old 01-30-2004, 10:41 PM
santi
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default faster charger??

My buddy just got the fun piccolo heli today from hobby lobby. Since this is new to us i was wondering if i can get a little help on choosing the right battery charger for this type of battery pack. The battery pack is the IK67492 Ikarus 8 Cell 600 mAh NiMH Battery. He wants something that will charge it faster than the wall charger that they shipped him. the wall charger recomends to charge for 15 hours for a 8 min of flight.[:'(] Hes pretty anxious on flying this thing tomorrow and dont want to get one flight a day on this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Santi
Old 01-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: faster charger??

Santi,

The type of charging that the stock wall charger provides is called slow charging. It is meant for overnight charging.

Just about any of the automatic peak chargers will charge your 600mAh pack in less than an hour. Since you have more than 7 cells, this eliminates some of the less expensive alternatives.

There is one charger that will work and it is only $20. The Great Planes ElectriFly DC Peak Charger at [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVV43&P=7]Tower Hobbies[/link] not only has the proper current setting for you, it also has the correct JST mating connector. These chargers are available at your local hobby shop.

Good luck!