Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Slow Stick Wing reinforcement braces (MUST MODIFICATION)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Slow Stick Wing reinforcement braces (MUST MODIFICATION)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 03:39 PM
aeropenguin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick Wing reinforcement braces (MUST MODIFICATION)

Hello folks!
I saw that many of you were having problems replacing the alluminum dihedral brace for the LE and TE of the GWS Slow Stick, some of you avoiding it entirely, so having made a set for myself and having left-over tubing, I cut up some more to sell for a few bucks. Remember, this is a must modification if you don't want your wings to fold! Most people make theirs out of brass, I make them from stainless steel, which is a lot harder to find, more expensive, and a a ton stronger! Stainless has twice the Module of Elasticity over Brass and has a Tensile strength 5/3 that of brass. Despite this, Stainless even weighs slightly less! You can read more about my braces here.

So once the folks I sent them out to get them I'd like to hear what you guys think!

For more information and pricing, please see http://michaels.rchomepage.com/ssbraces.html

Thanks!
-Michael
Old 04-21-2004, 10:56 AM
snakeX2

Default RE: Slow Stick Wing reinforcement braces (MUST MODIFICATION)

is this mod needed for any other of the GWS line, such as the slowstick slope glide? I have one my self, that i haven't built yet
Old 05-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Bill G

Rather than replace the aluminum dihedral, slip the next dia size over the original. It fits snugly, and makes it much stronger.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:47 AM
snakeX2

couldn't you just use a carbon fibre rod along the lengh of the wing?