Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Indoor flying in IL?

Old 04-18-2004, 09:00 PM
funkyflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor flying in IL?

I am so sick of losing flying days to windy days. Is there anywhere in IL. to fly indoors? I live in the SW suburbs.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:28 AM
snakeX2

Default RE: Indoor flying in IL?

although i have no clue of what the weather is like their, i live in England you see, do you happen to fly indoor flyers?..and what sort of outdoor planes do you fly, just out of interest?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-12-2005, 11:02 PM
spongybob

There's lots of places around here where you can fly. I know that this thread is kinda old, but this can be helpful to anybody. There's an indoor fly almost every friday afternoon at 1:45 sharp. Be there after 2:00 and you're locked out. It's in Arlington Heights, I beleive. There are several golf domes including the White Pines, largsest in Midwest Golf dome every Saturday at 10-12 PM. Sponsored by the Night Owls of the White Pine. (Suburban RC Barnstormers). There's another golf dome in Buffalo Grove every Saturday 7-9. If you need more details, just ask...
Old 02-01-2005, 06:09 PM
TAILHOOK-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Anybody Know anywhere more West? Closer to Aurora/Naperville?..........And any more info on the ones you posted would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 PM
somethin else
My Feedback: (17)

On friday and sat there is flying at the Buffalo grove golf dome, There is also flying on thurs, fri, sat at white pines golf dome (biggest in il) off York rd in Bensenville. Call Venture hobbies for Buffalo grove, call AL's for Bensenville info
Old 12-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Bobby likes 3D

Buffalo grove is no more, and if you fly at the white pines indoor (and I do) bring your beater... Lots of mid-airs and "off astro turf landings" by wackos with those "little palm of the hand flyers". Last time I was there I had one of those guys buzzing by my head while i was trying to fly, AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT!!!! When you walk over to have a word, they look at you like your crazy. They are offended that you want to take away their right to be RETARDED. Im surprised there arent more fist fights. I think the record for congestion was 17 aircraft at once... thats why white pines has EARNED the nickname "THE THUNDERDOME". I hope this wont discourage anyone from showing up, just bring headgear. http://www.whitepinesgolfdome.com/ is the site for the dome and its put on by suburban barnstormers "the good guys". Hope to see you there. Ill be the guys with the camo snowboard helmet and scraped up knuckles.

Bobby