Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Looking for brushless setup for IFO MK3

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Looking for brushless setup for IFO MK3

Old 07-19-2004, 05:07 PM
tcsanadi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for brushless setup for IFO MK3

I have been trying to figure out what to use for brushless setup on my IFO MK3 and also my Mini IFO, I want it to be ballistic and have plenty of power for vertical flight and hovering I plan on putting a rudder on my MK3, Someone has suggested using a 300 gearbox with a himax but what ratio do I want, and which himax, how many amps does my ESC need to be, I guess I will use a 1047 propeller or something similar.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Ian M Emery

Default RE: Looking for brushless setup for IFO MK3

Man I'm with ya...brushless everything is the way to go. I got a novak sportsman pro on a CRC carpet knife carpet car and it's hot. But the best is, its maint free! The thing about brushless is they take more juice cause the speed controller is more advanced. Which means more cells. The only way to counter the weight is with lithiums. Hope some other contributer has experimented.
I'll be checking...Good luck
Old 08-01-2004, 08:41 PM
MKH

Any small brushless with a kv of 3-4000, give or take, geared around 6 to 1, will swing a 10-12 inch prop on 2 lithium polymer cells, and easily take a MkIII vertical. I've used Razor motors, Astro 010s, etc. For the Mini, a PJS300 or Nippy 0508 outrunner will do it, or one of the newer CDRom based motors, all direct drive, also on 2 cells. The extra power causes frame flexing, and the extra speed causes tucking issues, so you'll have to make sure the frame is up to the challenge. I don't get to this site too often, but you might find examples with the search feature, as there are tons of brushless IFOs flying now. Best of luck!
MKH
Old 11-28-2005, 08:52 AM
cptcrusty1

How are you guys mounting outrunner and geared motors to your MkIII's. I rebuilt mine with 2 extra carbon rods next to the main bar (lengthwise) to give the servos something stronger to hold onto.

looking for suggestions...