Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Lightest servos for 6 oz plane?

Old 08-14-2004, 09:47 PM
WRK
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightest servos for 6 oz plane?

I am looking for some really light weight servos for indoor plane that weighs 5.8 oz. I think I need about 6 oz. of torque. Wonder if there are some pretty light servos I could use?

Thanks,

flierbk
Old 08-25-2004, 07:55 AM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Lightest servos for 6 oz plane?

Doesn't Cirrus have some new 4.4 gram servos? I'll bet those would work fine for an indoor plane.
You can probably get them at Hobby People.

phil in austin
Old 09-10-2004, 02:15 AM
oldtaylorcraft

Flierbk , try the new Blue arrow 4.3 servos from Balsa products. They are about the same weigt as the Cirrus 4.4's but have about 1/2 the torque.
5.5 oz at 4 v and 6.9 at 6 v
They use less power than the 4.4's and are only $14.50!
I have bolth and I like the blue arrows better.
Rob
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 PM
AcroJo
My Feedback: (1)

I just picked up some Blue Arrow servos at the Neat fair. JGRC I believe. I asked about the Cirrus 4.4 and the high priced Cirrus 3.3 gram servos, as to the fact that they boast higher torque. He explained that the gears in all these small servos will strip at app 7 oz. of stress, so what good is a stronger servo. I'm putting them on a 6 oz. model and must agree that 5.5 oz. is sufficient. Working on the servo holes now, just hope they have enough throw. Joe
Old 10-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Bill G

I have the Cirrus 4.4's in a FSK Leonardo, which work quite well. The plane is 7 oz, with a 180 direct drive (they designed for geared IPS) and 700mah 2p lipo. It will fly on three 120mah lipos at 6 oz flying wt, with limited throttle. The 180 is a little large for the 120 mah lipos, but the reduced weight (6oz) in calm air makes this plane fly incredibly easy.