Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Indoor Flying wing???

Old 08-15-2004, 08:15 PM
phicks
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor Flying wing???

Does anyone have an Indoor flying wing?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 11:16 PM
stirlingnut

Default RE: Indoor Flying wing???

you mean like this? It is made from split fan fold,2 pico servos,receiver,bn2 motor,2 amp speed controller,a fuzz under two ounces ready to fly,23 inch wingspan.These pics were taken before it was finshed,but all the electronics fit inside the wing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30341.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	165380   Click image for larger version

Name:	So43073.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	165381  
Old 08-23-2004, 06:17 PM
boberos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am impressed.
Any chance of getting some more details & a flight report.
I would like to try one.

Thanks,
Bob G
Old 08-23-2004, 10:14 PM
stirlingnut

Really easy.Maybe it should be called "littlenutz",because the basic design is the same as a "zagnutz".I use a hot wire cutter to split the fan fold.With the skin on one side,and the other hot wired,it is still very strong.I use a foam spar in the wing panels like the "bignutz"I make a left and right panel,crease the inside at the center several times to form the leading edge,glue in the foam spar with GWS glue,fold it over,glue and tape with scotch tape.Pico servos and reciever are used with no problems.I run the antenna wire inside the leading edge of the wing.
The bn2 motor died saturday flying outside,and was barely adequate,so I am gonna upgrade to the gws edp50 motor.
This will really pick up the performance,but will weigh a little more.(maybe 2.3oz AUW) The first couple flights were hairy to say the least,had to play with the cg,and tone down the control throws,then it flew very nice,very slow.To land,cut the power and just float it down.I really like the flying qualities of a wing,and these are so light,they just bounce if you nose it in.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:42 AM
Morb

I have a Whizz, runs on DD IPS Power.

Put a 250 mah 2s1p Lipo on her, even a 550 and she flies nice and slow inside.

Geof.
www.smoothair.ca