Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Lightest receiver and servo, without accutators

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Lightest receiver and servo, without accutators

Old 10-03-2004, 01:10 PM
E-snake
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightest receiver and servo, without accutators

I am working on a micro plane, and don't want to use accutators, because of the price, and what you get. I relize every gram is important, so I was wondering what the the lightest servo is for around 20.00. I was looking at a blue arrow (I think). I will further lighten it if I get it. I was also wondering what the lightest receiver is, that is around 30 or 40.00. The receiver must be able to run on a single li-po cell. Also what's the lightest esc? It doesn't need to handle but 1.5 or 2 amps.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:57 PM
MrScience101
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lightest receiver and servo, without accutators

Well hello! I too have been working on micro flight. I found some 6 g servos on ebay for about $14 each, they advertised 4 g, but when I got them and put the control horns on it jumped to 6g. I bought two of em. I then got the DSP4-SC reciever and speed control combo. It weighed in at about 8.5 g with crystal, wires, and protective cover. I then purchased a plane literally named: "Airplane with charger" it had a 14" wingspan. I purchased lastly, an EDP-50 direct drive motor for $15 that produces 60 g of thrust. I gutted the electronics out of the "Airplane with charger", put in the stuff and it weighed in at about 86 g total. Oh yeah, I used two li poly 170 batteries that gave about 4 minutes of flight time. I had to use a carbon rod to support the wing because on the third flight I got going pretty fast and pulled up, the right wing snapped. Before that if flew great! Nasty crash, now i am building a mini 3d flyer with a huge 350c motor. At anyrate this is what I did. Hope it helps. Have fun!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:58 PM
MrScience101
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lightest receiver and servo, without accutators

I forgot to mention the EDP motor weighed in at 15g, and the lipolys weighed in at about 10 g for the two of em.