Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

What's the best TX frequency for microflight?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

What's the best TX frequency for microflight?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 08:06 AM
KiteThreat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best TX frequency for microflight?

I'm looking at purchasing my first radio for actual flight. Maybe used, maybe new.

I've done lots of looking at micro receivers on the web, and I'm certain that I found some receivers that are only available in a particular frequency. I think they were FM, but I'm not sure. They were all on the same channel. I was thinking that, as long as I'm just starting out, I might as well start with that channel. I'll probably remain an indoor/park flier, and I don't see any other fliers where I go, so I'm not too worried about interference. Perhaps I should be?

But I can't find them again!

Does anyone know about these?

Does anyone have advice on how well the "alternate" control systems (infrared, AM, shouting at the plane) work indoors? I see that the very lightest receivers prefer IR and AM.

Thanks for reading.

Scott
Old 10-21-2004, 12:09 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: What's the best TX frequency for microflight?

Your best bet is to get a real 72mghx aircraft radio with changable channels. A hitec laser 4 is good.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:13 PM
KiteThreat
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What's the best TX frequency for microflight?

I just looked at the hitec catalog, from online.

On the front page, for the Laser 4 they mention that the "Aircraft System" includes a Supreme 8-channel, dual conversion, 75MHz receiver.

I thought that 75 MHz was for surface systems. Why would their catalog have that kind of mistake in it?

But let me go back. You mentioned changable channels. The picture of the laser 4 that I saw clearly had a crystal in the lower right corner- Channel 92 it said. I thought that the changable models had a "module" of some kind. What am I missing?

Scott