Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

i want a small plane

Old 10-30-2004, 03:02 PM
joseph77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want a small plane

Hi there currently have a GWS beaver.

Today i was flying at work with my buddy who only has a sky zone falcon (electric free flight with about 18inch wing span) it flew good and looked good to. this got me wondering about having a fully controllable small plane in my boot (trunk ) permenatly. I have to have my back seat down at the moment with my beaver in? (only a fiesta [:@]) can my friends sort of plane be connverted easily (looks it, but ive never tried) or is there anything out there thats up for the job. I will only be flying outdoors.

Thanks

Joseph
Old 11-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Technito20

Default RE: i want a small plane

You can go with that Great Planes Micro Whizz. It's very small and aerobatic. It don't come with an engine. Although it is an ARF. It requires a 400 engine and a gear box, and of course the electronics. A lot of people I know has went brushless with this plane. Using that Castle Creation's Phoenix-35 speed control with the E-flite 400 brushless engine. And powering it with a Thunder Power Li-poly 3 cell 2100 mah. This is a blast! It's so strong it will have almost unlimited vertical but is still small enough to fly almost anywhere. You don't have to go brushless for it to be very aerobatic, but if you have the money why not. I'm pretty sure you'll love this plane if you're into micro flight. If you haven't seen it yet, here is a pic of it.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../gpma1102.html

GoodLuck
Old 11-10-2004, 08:52 AM
dhurd

We have serval options at www.smallrc.com. The RTFs we have can handle a surprising amount of wind. I leave one or two in the back of the SUV all the time in case the flying bug hits me while I'm travelling. Of course my wife yells at me everytime she gets groceries and has to load the bags around the planes in the back.

Regards,
Dan Hurd
DWE
www.smallrc.com
Old 11-13-2004, 08:37 PM
joseph77

Thanks guys,

some good advice on those links,

If i dont have to buy a bigger car, does that mean i can spend more on flying!!!!!!!!

Joseph