Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

St.Louis indoor flying?

Old 12-03-2004, 08:59 PM
flash over

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St.Louis indoor flying?

I want to get an idea how many people in the area would be interested.I'm going to try to find a gymnasium or possibly an empty warehouse in the Bridgeton or St.Charles area.Who knows if there is enough interest (read as residents) maybe we could get St.Charles to let us use the family arena. Keep in mind would have to be small light probably slowflyer I'm thinking 32 oz. or less.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:04 PM
AlvinS

Default RE: St.Louis indoor flying?

I live in O'Fallon, Missouri, and I would defintely be interested. Let me know what you find out.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:16 AM
woodduck-RCU

There is currently a group of indoor flyers that meet somewhere in Kirkwood, I will try to find more info this weekend.
I would be interested!!
Woodduck

I Work in Chesterfield. fly at Buder and live in Glen Carbon, IL
Old 12-04-2004, 04:05 PM
AlvinS

I work at Boeing and fly glow aircraft with the Boeing RC Club. I have a field in back of my house that I fly from, but would love to fly indoors.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:42 PM
flash over

AlvinS;do you know Jim Greenwood,he taught me to fly at the Wright flyers field in Wright city and I know he is a member at Boeing's club as well. Also around where do you live I live near K and Fiese maybe we could get together and fly sometime.I'm about to approach Fort Zumwalt about flying in one of the highschool gymnasiums.Also some of the research I've done reccomends an auw limit of 16oz. instead.The last thing I need to research is whether AMA coverage could be arranged if needed.Although any rational person could see the risk of a 1 lb. slowflyer would pose minimal risk.Also if this turns into regular flying sessions I would likly need a secondary contact person,as I have no regular days off.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:46 PM
flash over

Woodduck;sounds great if you could find out when and where.I work in north county live in Ofallon and fly electric in a soccer park near home and fly glow in Wright City.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:39 PM
flash over

I called Schaffers hobby and they said that someone is flying on Wed. mornings at the church across from the magic house.The problem is it is from 6 am to 9 am.I'm still thinking about a school gymn in St.Charles co.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
flash over

Hey guys I've found out a bunch of people are flying in a school gym in the loop area.If you are interested pm me and I will get back to you when I have more info.