Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Is the Vroom Zoom indoor plane any good?

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Is the Vroom Zoom indoor plane any good?

Old 12-21-2004, 10:49 PM
echolmberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Vroom Zoom indoor plane any good?

Hi everyone!

I was at Fleet Farm of all places when I spotted the Vroom Zoom indoor electric RC plane. I saw it only once before in a magazine somewhere and thought it looked pretty neat. They had it on sale for $20 at Fleet and was wondering if it was worth it. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with this neat looking little plane? I can't find any reviews about it on the internet. Does anyone know how it stears?

Thanks to all,

Eric
Old 12-28-2004, 02:00 PM
femke123

Default RE: Is the Vroom Zoom indoor plane any good?

I found out that it only flies in a circulair path...
Femke
Old 01-02-2005, 11:11 PM
swashplate

If you had a gym to fly it in it would be really awsome. It is a sweet piece of single proportional channel kit. The frame is super thin carbon fibre, and the battery is LIPOLY !!!! yes you heard me !!! The motor is extemely powerful for its geared down micro size.... GO BUY TWO. I stripped off the foam casing and was imediately impressed. Fantastic toy!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 11:17 PM
swashplate

Oh yes I for got it only steers by thrust, but it is realy quite responsive and once you get the hang of it and take the foam off it it rips. Best 20 bucks ever spent hands down even tho it was broken when i got it, repaired it easily.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:28 PM
SaMx

where can I get it?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:57 PM
DesignMan

I have been working with this model for a few weeks in a gym. There are some trim fixes required to get top performance, but I can usually keep it in the air for the full 10 minute battery run.

1. Turn the wing around backwards. The plane is badly tailheavy, and this moves the CP toward the rear a bit.

2. Put a lump of clay about 3/16" cube on the center bar of the landing gear. This moves the CG forward more.

3. Run some very light thread from the rear wing mounts to the tops of the V-tails. This keeps the tails from flexing to negative decalage under diving conditions.

So far, I guess I have put in 8 or 10 full charges on the batteries, and the C-cells don't seem to be wearing down yet. It charges on 9 volts, so I need a dropping circuit to go from my 12V motorcycle battery. Anyone got a good technique?

For a while, at least, Amazon was blowing these things out at $10!! Do a search in the toy section on "Jasman" and "airplane".