Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

NooB Cheap Indoor RTR?

Old 01-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Hellion179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NooB Cheap Indoor RTR?

Hello, I'm new to planes. I have been flying Nitro Heli's for about a year now and have both electric and nitro RC cars. But I want a plane that I can fly when it is nasty outdoors. Do they make any RTR that is inexpensive and can make very sharp turns? About how much space would I need to fly it? Also where can I get it? Pricing? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NooB Cheap Indoor RTR?

There isn't much out there. The only RTR I'm aware of is the Wattage Micro Flyer for ~$40. It flies, but it's not for the rank beginner or the faint of heart, or small spaces for that matter. While it only weighs a bit over an ounce, it's very fast, and has limited control. Throttle is on/off, and rudder is bang-left, bang-right. Control is push buttons, not sticks.

I can keep mine inside a regulation basketball court-sized gym, flying figure 8s, but it's tight, and I have many years of flying experience. I still haven't performed a smooth landing; the plane "arrives," bounces, and arrives again...