Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro Flyer, Wattage

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:44 AM
murcielago

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Flyer, Wattage

I would like to know if anyone else outhere has had problems with their Micro Flyer? The one I have always turns left and doesn't fly level or turns to the right. I compared it to other Micro Flyers and it appears that the one I have doesn't have any right thrust and that could be causing the problem.

I e-mailed the manufacturer and this is the reply I got back from the Manager of Global Services, and I quote :

Sorry to here you had a problem with your Micro Flyer.

I have neither seen or heard of that problem you describe with he right-thruist, but yes, regluing it will solve the problem.

**** *******, Manager

Global Services
18480 Bandilier Cir
Fountain Valley CA 92708

If it's only me, then okay, I'll take it like I'm the moron that can't fly a micro plane. I'll also tear the motor out of the fuse and re-glue it the right way. If there are other problems with the manufacturing of these planes I would like to let Global Services know so they could look into it.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:45 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Micro Flyer, Wattage

Type "MicroFlyer" in the search box. There are lots of threads about this plane. I'm sure someone else has had this problem and figured out how to fix it by now.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:51 PM
kxpedder7

atleast yours flies. Mine flies for a grand total of 5 ftt and hits the ground, and yes, I have tried adjusting the flaps on the back.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM
flyingace451

With all of the negative feedback I have heard of the Micro Flyer, I would suggest not getting one. Probably go with a different micro rc plane.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:27 AM
hugequark

You're not the only one with problems. Mine flew horrible. I tried all possible trims and it just seemed either underpowered or badly designed. I've seen videos of peple flying them and they look great. But I have no idea if I just got a bad one or what. I took it appart and built a different plane out of balsa and disposable foam plates. This one flies MUCH better even though it wweighs a bit more than the stock WMF.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99997.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	254397  
Old 04-07-2005, 12:15 AM
EVOL
My Feedback: (2)

here is a thread i started when the MF first came out. the same problems still exist. if you have time and skills to fix it then give it a try but if you just want something to fly around i would think twice. it also depends on whether you think $40 is a lot of money for this plane or not.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Watt...2262604/tm.htm

EVOL
Old 04-09-2005, 10:51 AM
biker_ray_pa

ORIGINAL: hugequark

You're not the only one with problems. Mine flew horrible. I tried all possible trims and it just seemed either underpowered or badly designed. I've seen videos of peple flying them and they look great. But I have no idea if I just got a bad one or what. I took it appart and built a different plane out of balsa and disposable foam plates. This one flies MUCH better even though it wweighs a bit more than the stock WMF.

I don't s'pose you have a set of plans for that bird, do you? That's really cool. Nice!!

Ray out
Old 04-12-2005, 07:15 AM
hugequark

Sorry no plans. It was a spur of the moment kinda thing. I tried getting it to fly properly for over an hour, and when I got home I started thinking if I should carve off some foam to lighten it up. I started to and then just decided to gut it to see how it was built. It didn't fly right anyways. And then I decided to try building a new one.

It wasn't as hard as I thought. I don't have too much experiance, I've only built 2 balsa kits and one arf. But all I did was increase the wing area and made sure to give it plenty of dihedral. Made sure to keep the same incedance for the elevator, and I used the stock rudder and actuator. I had no idea if it would fly. But I charged up, went in the back yard, tossed into the wind and to my surprise it floated around at about 15 feet with the throttle on. When I let got of the throttle it starts to glide down pretty nicely.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:17 PM
daveuk2

Hi all, I am from Uk and must be one of the few who has got their hands on the little micro flyer, wow! what a plane I love it! mine flew pretty much perfect out of the box! I did have to adjust the tail flaps a little to avoid a slight torque steer to the left and I agree it turns better left (with the torque of the engine) but to get it to go right I just need to hold the right button down a little longer than the left one. I would not advise taking any stickers off the plane or loosing any weight, the stickers provide good strengthening support to the already solid foam. Also if you make it too light it will not even handle the mildest of breezes (which it just about handles as standard!)
For longer flight times I would just get a spare battery. I am really impressed with this planes balance and flight characteristics, its so stable yet so small. I would say this is the best electric plane I ever bought, especially when you consider durability , control and convenience! even with just 3 buttons ,so much varied control can be achieved!, I just need to try and get my hands on a couple more for some friends but there like rocking horse excrement here in England!!! I envy you guys to be able to walk in a shop and buy one!!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:19 PM
daveuk2

Hi all, I am from Uk and must be one of the few who has got their hands on the little micro flyer, wow! what a plane I love it! mine flew pretty much perfect out of the box! I did have to adjust the tail flaps a little to avoid a slight torque steer to the left and I agree it turns better left (with the torque of the engine) but to get it to go right I just need to hold the right button down a little longer than the left one. I would not advise taking any stickers off the plane or loosing any weight, the stickers provide good strengthening support to the already solid foam. Also if you make it too light it will not even handle the mildest of breezes (which it just about handles as standard!)
For longer flight times I would just get a spare battery. I am really impressed with this planes balance and flight characteristics, its so stable yet so small. I would say this is the best electric plane I ever bought, especially when you consider durability , control and convenience! even with just 3 buttons ,so much varied control can be achieved!, I just need to try and get my hands on a couple more for some friends but there like rocking horse excrement here in England!!! I envy you guys to be able to walk in a shop and buy one!!