Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

zip zaps guts, balsa stick plane

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

zip zaps guts, balsa stick plane

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:36 AM
americonium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zip zaps guts, balsa stick plane

Alright, in all fairness, I probably should have stuck to changing the tires and the body kits, but to be honest, after driving the thing around in circles for 2 hours, the thing went in a box, and stayed there until yesterday. As of now, this...

...is my platform. the electronics are wedged in where the pilot is supposed to go, and I'm thinking of converting it to a "vee" tail. Does anyone know of a website that would point me in the right direction, as far as making this work, or am I on my own? Thanks in advance for any advice.....

[EDIT] Wow, I used the search button, and realized that I suck at the Internet. Nevermind.....
Old 05-08-2005, 10:47 PM
americonium

Default RE: zip zaps guts, balsa stick plane

Well, I did it (mostly). I just need to figure out how to power the motor with at least 3 volts. Right now it's only about .9 volts from the circuit card. I will check out voltage sources tomorrow. Here's a picture of my frankenflier.....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17121.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	268940  
Old 05-11-2005, 08:18 PM
esgroff

NICE! What did you use for the rudder control.... I need details. I'll be anxious to see if it actually flys!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:45 AM
americonium

The Zip Zaps have a rare earth magnet imbedded in the steering linkage, and uses 2 coils to draw it toward the coil. I could not remove these coils from the car, so I had to hand wind them. The first one came out perfectly, however it took 7 tries to get the second one to work.

I have yet to get a battery to run the propeller yet, as I have been working 10 hour days (with an hour each way commute), and I'm just not in the mood by the time I get home.

I'll post more when more happens...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55087.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	270337  
Old 05-12-2005, 03:16 PM
someonehasmyusername

i wanted to do somthing like this and i wanted to know if it flies WILL YOU LET ME KNOW ASAP PLEAEAEAEQAESE please please please
Old 05-12-2005, 04:19 PM
americonium

I don't have a lot of time to work on this project, so when I can, I do. I picked up some more NI-MH (1.2v) cells, but I won't be able to get to the plane until probably Monday. If not, I will let you know sooner. I do want to point out that the plane does fly left and right, according to the control surface.....

EDIT: I wonder if I should just make this a remote glider, with a rubber band/wrist rocket type launcher.....
Old 05-12-2005, 08:59 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

if your looking for a mini plane to mod..that works great//and wont cost an arm and a l;eg....checkout my thread in the parkflyer section..called SUPERSONIC MINI PLANE MODS..