Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 needed: small, durable plane for motor home trips >

needed: small, durable plane for motor home trips

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

needed: small, durable plane for motor home trips

Old 05-23-2005, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default needed: small, durable plane for motor home trips

I am just starting in electrics, but have been flying glow for about a year. I am looking for a compact, under 30" plane to take on motor home trips. I will be flying outside, but with limited space, probably basketball court size. I was hoping for full controls, but I'm finding few of the smaller craft have them. Durability is a must, and it should produce little to no damage if it happens to hit another motor home.

It seems I am in a limbo area. Most backyard flyers are to large, and most micros aren't going to cut it outside.

Price: I'd like to spend under $200 fully set up, but I would pay more for the right plane/set up.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys, great forum.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:55 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: needed: small, durable plane for motor home trips

The IFO is the only thing I can think of that fits this description. You will need to do a search as to where to get it though.

Look at that I did a search and look what I found: http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=966
Old 05-24-2005, 03:24 PM

Thanks! I was looking hard at the IFO. The only down side I have heard is it's a bit of a pain to put together and can be a bit squirrelly. Thanks for the search. This plane was very high on my list. It'll be cool to fly it around the RV park on my fishing trips down to the Florida Keys.

I appreciate the response. Take it easy.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I built a micro biplane about the size of a piece of paper. I used 2mm depron to build it. I have a short video of it here if you want to see it fly:

http://free.hostultra.com/~DrOctopus101/

It cost me right around 200 dollars to build, so in theory you could build one in under 200 dollars as well. It is certainly not durable, but it is easily fixable in under five minutes everytime it crashes with foam safe CA. I do not think it flies fast enough to damage a motor home unless you hit the glass right on going full speed. Good luck! Click on the link in the left pane of the above website where it says micro biplane. The video is very grainy because I am limited to 1 megabyte file sizes on the above "free" website.