Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

3.6 Gram Ready To Fly - Plantraco Butterfly!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

3.6 Gram Ready To Fly - Plantraco Butterfly!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 10:20 PM
plantraco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.6 Gram Ready To Fly - Plantraco Butterfly!

Check out our RTF Butterfly - now available on our website!

It is the lightest and smallest and slowest RTF airplane available in the world.

Check out this video (20 meg)
http://www.plantraco.com/hobbies/butterflyvideo3.html

Get more info here:
http://plantraco.com/hobbies/index.html

Old 06-28-2005, 05:21 AM
Greg.B

Default RE: 3.6 Gram Ready To Fly - Plantraco Butterfly!

Whats the $$$£££ going to be????

I wish it was going to be $0.01 !

Greg.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:49 AM
plantraco

The price is $239.00 USD plus shipping by UPS.

It comes in a metal briefcase.

It includes:

HFX900 Transmitter with built in Lithium Polymer Charger

Butterfly RTF 3.6gram all up weight living room flyer.
0.4 gram Micro9 Butterfly receiver
HingeAct 0.2 gram actuator
4027 Carbon Fiber Prop
5:1 reduction gearbox with 13 Ohm 4mm pager motor
30mAh LP30 cell with Bahoma connectors

FMS R/C Flight Sim connector cord - plug the included Tx into your PC and learn or teach how to fly R/C on the computer!

CDROM with the freeware FMS software, FMS models of Plantraco RTF planes.

CDROM also has numerous video's explaining how to use, maintain, and repair your RTF Butterfly

This is a great first plane and great way for anyone to experience Micro R/C flying in the livingroom.

Nothing available anywhere even comes close to the low weight that we have achieved in a manufactured RTF model aircraft.

I hope someone on rcuniverse will have a positive remark about Micro R/C here. I am trying to get some interest here, I'm sure eventually there will be a Micro R/C community on this website.

If not, please check RC Groups here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Old 07-05-2005, 05:48 PM
superdave420

My Butterfly arrived today in the morning at my work,

I am very impressed with the packaging and overall completeness of this product, all I had to do was charge the battery and click into place, check all surfaces were straight and a light toss into the air. VERY stable VERY controllable. This plane is soo fun. I did not get much work done today as I kept charging it and flying it. it deffinatley draws a crowd. I am soo happy with this micro flyer that I am going to order another RX and 2 more actuators and build a flying wing since you can program the TX for elevon/v-tail mixing.

I would write more positive stuff but what elese can I say, this plane/TX/RX is AWESOME !!!!!! and YES it is perfect for a beginner !!!. the FMS software I got did not have the butterfly model but instead had the micro-scout model.. so I did not get to try the sim, but you don;t need it. the plane is very stable and can fly very slow.

I pulled it up to about 70 feet in my warehouse and shut the motor off and just glided in a figure 8 pattern all the way back down to a hand catch using rudder only.

this blew me away the amout of control it had for being throttle/rudder only.

anyone that has been slightly interested in this should get one. soo much fun. now to show my wife.......
Old 07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Bud,

It looks like you have an awesome new line of micro products!

I'm sure that when summer is over and our thoughts turn to indoor flying for the winter months that there will be plenty of interest for your new RTF packages.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38966.gif
Views:	17
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	294214  
Attached Images    
Old 07-06-2005, 01:10 PM
superdave420

Now that I have the butterfly I want to know more about the Micro-scout.

What is the story with the micro-scout? will that also go into production or will a kit and planes be made available.?? the only thing I know about the micro-scout is that picture and that it uses elevator AND rudder.

also where can I download a FMS model of the butterfly? my FMS CD only came with the microscout which is a little more fun to fly because of the additional control surface.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Rc Matt

We now have the [link=http://www.redrockethobbies.com/product_p/plabfrtf.htm]Plantraco Butterfly [/link] in stock [link=http://www.redrockethobbies.com/product_p/plabfrtf.htm]here[/link] in the states. Its available at Red Rocket Hobby Shop.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Lazaro

Well I don't know about the micro stuff any more[] A few weeks ago I order a complete kit from RoomFlight, and after finaly finishing the model, a week of work fell apart in seconds. I am not sure if I can use these components for another model.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
ggshemaka

I got my Butterfly last week and am totally impressed. Great control with incredible slow flight. Flight time is close to 10 minutes with ample power at half throttle or less. The packaging and case that come with it are perfect for transport to your favorite flying site.

I hope to see some more kits or plans for planes that work with this gear. I have been flying all types of r/c for 30 years and this is one of the best flying experiences I have ever had.

Thanks Plantraco!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:04 AM
cowwboyy

I have never seen these till I stumbled across the web site. Looks great! Gotta get one.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Tommyr

I've had mine for a few months now and LOVE IT. I just ordered the Carbon/milar version,just the plane w/electronics though since I already have the TX. Ths is one hell of a fun plane!

Got to get me a spare battery though!

Tom