Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:53 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

All right guys this is what I did, I ordered 15 135mah 12-20c batteries and 10 200 mah 12-20c batteries. I'm guessing the person that said the 200 mah battery was perfect was using a fullriver battery, the hxt batteries are "more effecient". I'm selling both sizes for $6.00 each. That includes shipping in the US. The last time I did this someone acted like he caught me out with the price. I have to pay shipping, and paypal and for envelopes.... I should theoretically have the batteries in 2 weeks, but they will go out on a first come, first served program. All monies will be handled by paypal. All orders should be e-mailed to me. The e-mail link on my screenname works, pm also works. Let me know what you want. All sales are final.

Tim
Old 07-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Parky50

Hey Guy's,

I'm doing the "turn mod" on a couple new controllers. The circuit board layout has changed a bit since I did the mod on my original controller. Are there any new tricks or just use the P11 to the R9, R10 as same as before?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-24-2007, 11:11 AM
ahaacobbler

Ferndale,

Do you want to start collecting money now, or do we wait until you have the batteries in hand?

Cobbler.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Parky50

ORIGINAL: Parky50

Hey Guy's,

I'm doing the "turn mod" on a couple new controllers. The circuit board layout has changed a bit since I did the mod on my original controller. Are there any new tricks or just use the P11 to the R9, R10 as same as before?

Thanks,
Mike

Never mind, I found the new mod.... [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Hello everyone, I bought a silverlit single wing micro r/c plane a couple of months ago and it broke after just a few flights that included a few minor crashes, including one that put the rudder out of business. The magnet powered rudder stopped working so I can no longer turn it. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend anything to try to get the rudder to work again before I decide to throw it away.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65535.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	729194  
Old 07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
andrewtexas123

Dont throw it away send it to me

Open it up CAREfully and look to see al the wires contat the board. I have heard some on had this problem so they made there own actuators... Come to think of it i think it was "micro builder"

Andrew
Old 07-24-2007, 03:33 PM
chris1379

Does anyone know if you can change the channel on a Power Hawk?

Chris
Old 07-24-2007, 03:42 PM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I'm guessing the person that said the 200 mah battery was perfect was using a fullriver battery, the hxt batteries are "more effecient".
Tim
Nope, that was for the HXT 200mAh battery. It's at the bottom of the description on the UH website. Notice he said "upgrade". I'd imagine one heck of an upgrade too. Some of us will just have to try it .

Chris
Old 07-24-2007, 05:43 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

ORIGINAL: andrewtexas123

Dont throw it away send it to me

Open it up CAREfully and look to see al the wires contat the board. I have heard some on had this problem so they made there own actuators... Come to think of it i think it was "micro builder"

Andrew
Thanks for your help, I opened it up, the description is gonna be a bit rough because I don't have a camera but here it goes..... Off a corner of the board there are two extra thin copper wires that are kind of twisted together and one of them looks black for about the first 1/2 inch. There is also also a copper wire coming out of the foam body that sticks out about a quarter inch, it's also a thin copper wire, but it's silver(probably solder?) looking at the tip. It's not connected to anything but I don't know where it belongs. I doubt I yanked it out when I opened the plane up because I pulled everything apart very slowly and nothing seemed to break loose.

So I'm guessing the magical wire goes somewhere but I don't know where. Can anyone help me out?

thanks

edit: The wire that's not connected to anything is a bit thicker than the other two that are twisted together.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Cobbler, I just need to know who wants what, when I get the batteries I'll let you know. Once the money is in the paypal, I'll be able to ship them out.

Chris, Changing the channel on the powerhawk is the same as changing it for an ace. The instructions are on the mod thread. The tricky part is removing the old solder.

Parky, could you post the link to the new style board turn mod here and on the mod thread? I thought I did that, but it appears I got the wrong post, and now I can't find it.

Eric, bsd Micro has the little lipo's. UH did not have any.

Koolaid, check for pics on the "new silverlit plane at tru", that thread is about your plane.

I got the micro cessna today

Tim
Old 07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Neurotex

koolaid, here's a pic of the SW rx and where the actuator leads
are attached.
The darkened wire from the actuator hooks up to where
the red dot shows. (That wire is currently not there because it broke off).
The wire in the center is the other actuator wire.
The wire to far right corner is the antenna wire.

Your pics below are a bit blurry so I can't tell exactly what's going on.
It looks as if both actuator wires are hooked up and are glopped with
glue. From what I can tell it's the antenna wire you pulled off.

The pic I show is from a scanner. If you can scan it you can get quite
a clear pic and I can better tell what's going on.

Name:	Tr51184.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	729407  
Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
chris1379

If I do a water break in on a well used motor to try to revive it, how long do I need to run it? The motor in question runs fine but is just a little slower than its mate. Also, how does water get into these motors? They look pretty well sealed.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:30 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK, you put the motor/prop into a glass. You keep the very end, where the wires are , in the air. You run the motor full speed until you hear the rpm's go up. You take the motor out and hit it with canned air to push as much water out as you can. Then you run the motor at full speed for 30 or so seconds and hit it with canned air again. Run it again for thirty seconds and then you put a drop of teflon oil between the prop and the motor. Run the motor, to ensure that the oil get's in place. I would recommend that you do this to both motors on the plane. The rpm differential will be large enough that a pronunced turn will develop otherwise.

A quickie review on the micro-cessna will be coming soon. On that thread.

Tim
Old 07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Parky50

Hey Tim,

Here's the link to the New Style Turn Mod off the AA Toolbox site...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=72

Thanks to all that contributed... I feel totally "aeroly challenged" with out this mod !!!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

I finally found my camera, so I took a couple of pictures of the problem area. You can also see that I pulled the wires out a bit. I still can't figure it out. I did check all the pics on the silverlit single wing forum(Thanks for telling me about this thread) and found 3 or 4 pictures of the board, but none helped(bad angles, couldn't see wire). Neurotex, that picture you just posted, sorry but I still can't figure it out looking at that and reading what you said.

Hopefully these pictures will help. Does anyone know what I need to do / try? Thanks.

Name:	Yw67687.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	729586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13958.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	729587  
Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 AM
chris1379

Tim, thanks for the info. I found the post about water break ins and my understanding was that the water gets inside the motor and helps to wear the brushes in without pitting. I immersed my motors (before reading your reply) and I still don't think they got water inside. I ran it at the lowest setting for about an hour. Yes, the motors run that long with no props. Nevertheless, both motors now sing together and at a noticeably higher pitch. This may have helped condition my lipo also but it definitely helped the motors. i can't wait to fly it.

You mentioned in an earlier post that the AA weighs in under 20g. Mine weighs about 22 with the 135mAh lipo and 1g added to the nose. I do have the stickers on it. For some reason, this plane has never been able to climb with the elevator tabs straight. I have to bend them down but that causes it to nose down in a headwind. That's the reason for the extra weight. If anyone needs to add weight, I used 2 thumb tacks with solder added to the underside of them. They originally weigh about .4g each. You can probably get them up to .8g each with more solder. Just be sure to put them as far forward as possible so they have maximum effect on the balance and are not anywhere near the lipo. See where I'm going with the bigger lipo theory?

Chris
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Neurotex

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

I finally found my camera, so I took a couple of pictures of the problem area. You can also see that I pulled the wires out a bit. I still can't figure it out. I did check all the pics on the silverlit single wing forum(Thanks for telling me about this thread) and found 3 or 4 pictures of the board, but none helped(bad angles, couldn't see wire). Neurotex, that picture you just posted, sorry but I still can't figure it out looking at that and reading what you said.

Hopefully these pictures will help. Does anyone know what I need to do / try? Thanks.
It's hard to tell because the pics are blurry but it looks like the actuator wires
are hooked up ok under that glue glob. It looks like, but I'm not sure, that you
pulled off the antenna wire. There was glue also on my actuator wires but I
removed it.
I edited the post to help clarify it... note too that one actuator wire is missing in my
pic and the red dot shows where that should be.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Chris, the prop needs to be on. the run in should only take maybe a minute. The change in rpm will be obvious.

All, I got an e-mail from UH. The batteries are on the way.

Tim
Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Guys, I got my micro cessna 2 days ago. This little plane is simply great. I'm still getting used to the controls and was just puttering around the yard yesterday and decided iy was time to try a loop. 5 loops. This is much fun.

Tim
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I have not quit the aces, I have a motor mount mod that is working, but I have not had time to get back to it. The Idea is to put a bit of smooth plastic on the wing and then glue the motor to the plastic. Attach may be a better word.

Tim
Old 07-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Nwerdna

I've got an Aero Ace that has a motor gone bad. I've tested this by holding a micro wind gauge behind the props and one says 14mph and the other is only 7mph!! Where can I get replacement motors?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:39 AM
chris1379

The way I have re-attached my motors is with 2-sided tape. I'm not sure of the original use for this stuff - maybe weather proofing windows. I bought it at a flea market. It is about 1/2 inch wide and about the thickness of packing tape. It sticks the motors back on securely but they can be removed later if you need to.

Nwerdna, you can get them from BSD Micro or an Oral-B Pulsar toothbrush. Look at the last few pages for more info. I just put 2 Pulsar motors on mine. They are 2 for 8.97 at Wally-World. BTW, if you squeeze the toothbrush all the way around the seam with pliers it will break the glue. Then you can just unscrew it. The hard part is getting that darn weight off.

Chris
Old 07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Nwerdna

cool! I thought I was sunk!

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Neurotex

I finally got around to adding the works to my Demoiselle and
took it out for a spin. It's a floater to the extreme- but it flys!
So much in fact that I can sneak up on it and snatch it in mid
flight.
This is a definate indoor flyer at the moment. Unless I get a day
with zero wind. I've attached the motors to the mounts with velcro
so changing motor angles and the stab might speed her up a bit.
I'll have to try some stuff out.
It's different... I'll give it that.

Name:	Oj28259.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	731379  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Rp42992.jpg (39.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-28-2007, 01:34 PM
iflyrc1012
My Feedback: (6)

nice demosielle !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.