Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro Radical Edge

Old 01-12-2002, 07:39 PM
ramrod
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Radical Edge

Micro Radical Edge :
Hello folks, we just got our new micro size (10.5 OZ) Edge flying
from DAve Thacker at RadicalRC. It is a fine flyin sport aerobatic
/3D park and indoor plane. Fast, slow and very aerobatic - a real blast to fly. Have flown several times now in gusty 20 + MPH winds and it handles it very well do its quick responce and good stability.
Looking forward to much more big time FUN with this baby.
Take care and have FUN !! Rod & Chris in PA. Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	951_800.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1409  
Old 01-15-2002, 06:12 AM
ramrod

Default Edge

Hello Basher, good to hear from you ! Yes the Lab is Baron named after the Black Baron of Ole Rhinebeck, great friend/dog. Have not gottin it to do flat turns like a frisbe yet, but we will work on it.
What charger are you using ? We have to get a good one real soon !
Take care and keep em flyin real good !! Rod & Chris

Name:	1045_800.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1410  
Old 01-15-2002, 06:39 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Waiting on mine. I talked to Dave and hes going to set me up with the lightweight antenna.

3D in the front yard! cant wait!
Old 01-15-2002, 10:36 AM
BASHER
My Feedback: (15)

Default charger

hey rod, the charger i use is nothing elaborate its just a great planes electirfly peak charger. it charges 7.2 to 9.6,even will fast charge your transmitter bat. great pics!..............BASHER.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:14 AM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Awesome EDGE

I have built two of these now and love the way they fly.
I get stick time almost daily in front of my suburban residential home in the street,,, I traded my first one away for a complete duplicate kit as I thought of ways to get weight down... I improved strenght and ended up same weight as first one...this is tissue and dope colored. I used tissue and water based poly-urethane on the foam wings...both models weighed in @ 10.6 colored.....I have been told by fellow fliers @ the field that this EDGE is as impressive to watch fly as my AMT MERCURY powered KANGAROO turbine jet, as the pilot of both I have to agree.....
My secon one is alittle off in rpms as compared to the first 5800 verus the 6000, with the GWS prop...I understand 6K is 11oz thrust, anyone done better with different props? I havent a clue what they are as they were supplied with kit.....
Old 02-01-2002, 07:23 AM
c/f

Default Awesome EDGE

I have built two of these now and love the way they fly.
I get stick time almost daily in front of my suburban residential home in the street,,, I traded my first one away for a complete duplicate kit as I thought of ways to get weight down... I improved strenght and ended up same weight as first one...this is tissue and dope colored. I used tissue and water based poly-urethane on the foam wings...both models weighed in @ 10.6 colored.....I have been told by fellow fliers @ the field that this EDGE is as impressive to watch fly as my AMT MERCURY powered KANGAROO turbine jet, as the pilot of both I have to agree.....
My second one is a little off in rpms as compared to the first 5800 versus 6000, with the GWS prop...I understand 6K is 11oz thrust, on Radicals BLACK DIAMOND motor, anyone done better with different props? I havent a clue what they are as they were supplied with kit.....

Name:	2058_3197.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1411  
Old 02-01-2002, 04:30 PM
ramrod

Default Beautiful Edge

Hello CF , WOW - that is one beautiful lill Edge, great job !!!
Which battery are you using to get 6K ? We just have the 800 packs now , want to get the 720's for it. What charger are you using ?
I have never gotten any good time or real good power with the Alpha 4 Charger, Charged at C 10 rate several times and cycled , etc. . .
Happy Flying , Rod & Chris in PA.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:29 PM
c/f

I have the 720 8 cell NiMH pack...I use one of two chargers.
A TRC impulse 3D or another one is the GRaupner MC duo, from Hobby Lobby in Tenn. both are great chargers, Graupner is really easy to use but takes slightly longer to charge over the Impulse.
The Impulse however is finiky on dirty or poor connections and leads..........
Old 02-02-2002, 06:09 AM
ramrod

Default Chargers

Hello CF, thanks much for the good info ! Happy Flyin, Rod & Chris in PA.

Name:	2101_800.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1412  
Old 02-03-2002, 09:09 PM
dyerstown

Hi, people,

Great looking micro Edges! I am building my first electric, an IFO M3. I love the looks of the micro Edge, though. What amount of flying time do you get? What motors do you use? Any coreless? We have a 2 acre back yard that yearns for a park flyer. Can't wait!
Thank you.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:10 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Well, I took the plunge.

I've never given electric or park flyers much thought until I started seeing a few threads pop up about this plane.

I think this is a very impressive little rig, from what I've seen. I can't wait to get it, but Dave informs me that the motors are on BO..oh well, I'm still anxious to get my hands on one! It will seem kinda weird using a computer heli radio to fly the little bugger!
Old 02-09-2002, 05:30 AM
c/f

Chuck,
Dont worry I use a JR 10sxII heli radio to fly all my models from my Ergo463d to a Jet turbine, combat and even my RAD540....
The 540 is so cool, make sure Dave checks your motor for max rpm's,,,my secondone was down about 200rpm over first.....
Old 07-19-2002, 09:50 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

These are great looking planes. What are you guys using for motors / speed controllers? I am thinking about building one from scratch. I have been flying gas for several years. I built a mini IFO from scratch it has been an awesome plane for flying inside and in my back yard. I think an edge might be just what I am looking for.