Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Hacker A20-S Shaft Position

Old 11-09-2005, 08:57 AM
tpascoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker A20-S Shaft Position

I posted this in the Brushless forum, with no response, so I thought I'd try a more general forum.

I have a new Hacker A20-S, going into an Epic foamy. I've always run AXI in the past, but thought I'd experiment after hearing some good things about this motor. However, I thought I would be able to switch the shaft position (which end it sticks out of) on the motor, but can not see how this can be done. I've removed the C-clip on the shaft, loosened the set screw, and the shaft can be removed with some steady force. BUT - how do you change the position of the shaft without leaving the C-clip off? Or is this okay? I know some motors can be pulled apart normally, and seem to hold together during flight with just the force of the magnets.

I saw a couple of posts relating to this, but none were very clear; they mostly focused on problems with actually getting the shaft itself out, which I can do. Suggestions would be appreciated [&o]
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Hacker A20-S Shaft Position

You might contact HAcker directly, but I do not beleive there is a way to move it and still use the clip......

I would bet it would hold without the clip, but I cannot say for sure...
Old 11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
tpascoe

Default RE: Hacker A20-S Shaft Position

Actually, Hacker supplies a wheel collet with the motor, and you use this instead of the C-clip. Silly, really when they could just include a second shaft with the clip position moved back on the shaft. However, the wheel collet works with the shaft pushed through for mounting the motor the other way around.

Tim