Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

IFO MK3 vs Mini IFO

Old 12-10-2005, 04:22 AM
dxflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IFO MK3 vs Mini IFO

Been looking around for an indoor model for a while now and although very close to buying a shockflyer type model, I have seen too much carnage lately even from the guys at it a fairly long time. I think the hanger we use is just a little on the small size. However one model that does seem to excel at the site is the IFO.

Heres the question if you have experience of flying an IFO mini, or mark 3 which one do you prefer. Im looking a model for mainly indoors, and am swinging towards the mini ifo, but I have seen a few of the mk3 flying and they look pretty good also. I know that the ability of the pilot has a small part to play as well !!! but which one has the better preformance indoors.

Over to the experts
Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 PM
MrScience101
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: IFO MK3 vs Mini IFO

I have flown both the mini ifo and the mk3. The mini ifo is definately more fun, I used to fly it out in front of my house, but it is really squirrely. It jumps all over the place but that makes it fun. the mk3 flies somewhat slower and is definately more stable. You cannot go straight up with the mini ifo like you can with the mk3. For flying indoors it is going to be pushing it for either of them. They are both really durable having survived many many many crashes.

hope that helps.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:27 PM
dxflyer

Default RE: IFO MK3 vs Mini IFO

Many thanks for the reply and since I did the original posting I have bought and have almost finsihed the Mini IFO. So I was glad to read in you post it seems like the most exciting to fly, especially when you try to enclose it in a building. Many thanks again.