Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 HX 232 BLADERUNNER TOY HELICOPTER >

HX 232 BLADERUNNER TOY HELICOPTER

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

HX 232 BLADERUNNER TOY HELICOPTER

Old 12-29-2005, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HX 232 BLADERUNNER TOY HELICOPTER

I recently purchased the HX 232 Bladerunner helicopter and I am having problems with it. I can get it to hover with no problem but I am unable to get a backwards or front movement. I tried the trim all the way to the front while holding the stick to move that way and no luck. Anyone else have this problem and know of a fix.
thanks
Old 12-30-2005, 01:31 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HX 232 BLADERUNNER TOY HELICOPTER

the HX 232 is an (illegal) clone of the BladeRunner helicopter, but the basic principles are the same.

the BR, or other fakes, werent really designed to have forward flight. they were designed to hover. there are several mods you can do to acheive a faster forward speed, but at a max you'll get nothing more than a slow walking speed - any faster than that and the rotors will clash and it'll drop like a rock, possibly breaking things.

if it hasnt been done already, i'd suggest these tips (if you're not accustomed to tinkering with small things like this, it may be best to leave it be. doing some of these mods incorrectly can result in a non-flying bird. use at your own discretion):

-cut the little ring off the tail prop (some have them, some dont)
-remove the body.
-get as much space in between the upper and lower rotors as possible to avoid rotor clashes (cant say how it can be done on yours, i've never owned the HX).
-lube the gears and anything else that moves.
-untape the battery and slide it forward as far as possible and retape it. this will change your CG, making it go faster a little quicker, but also making a hover probably impossible, and no reverse too.
-you could try replacing the 4mm tail motor with a 6mm motor, but you'll gain weight, reduce flight time, increase battery drain, and probably end up with lots of rotor strikes. if you dont know how to solder well, i wouldnt go this route.

there's a few other tricks, but those there are a good place to start. dont expect much in the way of speed though, there's just no gettin around the design of the heli, it just wont go faster than a slow walk.

nick
Old 01-06-2006, 02:05 PM

Default RE: HX 232 BLADERUNNER TOY HELICOPTER

Nick
Thanks for the tips. I will give them a shot