Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 THE BEST FLYING PLANE FOR UNDER $30.00 !!! >

THE BEST FLYING PLANE FOR UNDER $30.00 !!!

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

THE BEST FLYING PLANE FOR UNDER $30.00 !!!

Old 01-11-2006, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE BEST FLYING PLANE FOR UNDER $30.00 !!!

I have recently gotten into flying. its all about the aero ace. I have never seen anything like this in my life. so simple. right out of the box.... a couple of aa batteries and your flying. they need to go even smaller. like the zip zaps did with rc cars. and wheels to land on top of the coffee table/runway. even a heli would be real neat. im being real patient and all waiting for the future and i know its going to happen. imagine another ten years from now......the advances in micro tech. actual mini flaps and rudders. and it will all be so cheap like the aero ace. ahhhh some day.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: THE BEST FLYING PLANE FOR UNDER $30.00 !!!

as far as i know, the Plantraco Butterfly is the only RTF for sale that you can fly in your house and land on your coffee table, ect. the technology is there to do it, but its new, so its expensive (240 dollars or so for the butterfly). if you know your way around electronics, you could go with an IR system and build it just as light as the Butterfly (less than 4 grams - the AA weighs just under 20 grams). some people have been able to fly their AA's in their house, but its just basically doing circles. you could make a huge wing for the electronics from the AA and slow it down a lot, but due to the low number of throttle steps, it'll still be semi fast on the lowest throttle setting.

as for mini helis, Precision Heli just came out with a palm sized fixed pitch heli. its just as hard (probably harder) to fly as a normal heli, and its not cheap either. on the other hand, there's the BladeRunner heli or the SpinBlade heli, both are good indoor helicopters.

you certainly dont need to wait 10 years to have a "micro" plane with flaps and rudders, they're already here, you just have to have the cash Martin Newell has just beat the record for the lightest RC airplane at .85 grams. thats for the plane, battery, motor, RX, and one actuator for the rudder. i'm still having a hard time getting under 8 grams with my current electronics, but with the new plantraco equipment, its quite possible to build under 5 grams.

nick
Old 01-11-2006, 10:27 PM

I think the Graupner Nemisis is the s##t, my nieghbor just finished his, its like a big fly and very fast. His is orange and its hard to follow.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:04 AM

like i said ..... the best out of the box flying for 30 bux. the graupner is well over that and isnt rtf. not to mention under 30 bux. the plantraco butterfly.....200. and change. im talkin right out of the box, 6 AA batteries and your flying with more control than anyone would ever expect. unlimited mods too. paper clips and shirt buttons for wheels. land and takeoff.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30860.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	385934  
Old 01-13-2006, 04:59 PM

I might steal your idea but put one wheel in the front, I've just split mine open and theres plenty of room for an inner type whell, if you kinda get my idea
Old 01-19-2006, 02:21 AM

You can buy the landing gear mod from www.aeroacemods.com for pretty cheap. It actually has a rear wheel that stops the tail from hitting when you do the touch and go.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:08 PM

theaeroace,

The buttons are so cute ^_^ 1 questions do you bend your own wires or get it out of a heatsink retention thingy? And how did you stick them in perfect so it comes out on the other side at the same height?