Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

finding a slowflyer

Old 01-24-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finding a slowflyer

hi i want to buy a slowflyer to fly in my backyard. I want it to be rtf and not to much money. Can you please give me some sites on where to find these planes. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: finding a slowflyer

sokrdz,

well, my first suggestion would be the Airhogs AeroAce. its the plane that everyones been raving about for a while now, and for good reason. i've spent a lot of money on planes that didnt fly half as good. the AA is only 30 bucks at target and toys r us, or 40 dollars at walmart. its fully RTF, all you need is 6AA batteries for the transmitter, and you're flyin. its made from EPP foam, so its almost indestructable, and the electronics will last a long time, not to mention you can build tons of differant planes with the electronics if you get bored with the stock plane.

but, depending on what you consider cheap, a lot of people have good times with a mini IFO. i dont have a link for one, but do a search here at RCUniverse and you'll probably find a ton of threads. others have said the SloStick is a good one too, but i've never flown one of those (i flew my own micro IFO, 9" version, they're very nimble and can take some abuse). a lot of it depends on the size of your backyard, and what you consider a slowflyer. but, either way, i dont think you'll be sorry you spent 30 bucks on the AeroAce, its the best bang for the buck out there, hands down.

nick
Old 01-25-2006, 05:18 PM

thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 PM

May the sokrdz be with you
Old 02-14-2006, 10:22 PM

The aero ace is pretty cool, and probably the most suitable for flying in really small spaces (without spending a fortune), but I'd also highly recommend something like the Slo-V. I got one two weeks ago as my first plane, and it's amazing. Obviously much more maneuverable than the aero ace (which is fun, but really just a toy), and a lot of fun. You can fly it in parks the size of a baseball diamond, soccer field, or large school yard.

The Slo-V comes pretty much ready to fly - you tack on the landing gear, attach the tail and wing, charge the battery, and you're ready to fly.

It's pretty hard to break, but I'd recommend some flight simulator training before flying it - FMS is pretty good, and I use a gamepad (playstation 2 style with two analogue joysticks to act like a real radio). I've subjected it to about 12 hard landings, and one outright crash, and it's still flying fine with only a single not-too-important broken part (that'll cost me $5 to replace once it totally wears out).
Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 AM

I second the Slo-V, parts are cheap and everywhere, easy to fly, very light to glide with, and has enough power(at least mine did) to climb at an almost 45 degree angle.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:30 AM

The Cobweb II from HL is the slowest I have had. A little expensive but for $289.00 you get the complete package including brushless outrunner,LiPo, and a good radio. Not a bad price considering what you get. I can hover mine and climb unlimited vertical. But you cannot fly in any wind above 4mph. Typical crusing speed about 8MPH. Does great Harriers.
Vultch