Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Need info for indoor flying..

Old 02-14-2006, 03:40 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info for indoor flying..

Need some information on what I should provide someone when asking for permission to fly indoors. I do not know where to start any information that will help me explain indoor flying would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Need info for indoor flying..

What sort of flying do you have in mind? Aerobatics, helicopters, really really small models, just flying around?
Do you have a place in mind?

You have to be clear that Internal Combustion (glow/gas) will not be used as a power source.
I think you will have to set a weight limit for planes that you allow. Landing gears might, or might not, be compulsory to protect the floor/planes.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:52 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be strictly electric, planes like GWS Slow Stick and 3d Foam planes. The Naval base I am stationed on has a extra gym that is not used very much that is where I am trying to get permission to fly. There are places around here that already fly indoor but it coust me about $40.00 round trip to drive, just would like to fly closer to home.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a thread about getting permission to fly at school gyms:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2511905/tm.htm
some of that is pretty pessimistic but you have to ask and you have to provide some details about what you want to do.

You could also mention that indoor aerobatics is an internationally recognised sport. Go to FAI.org, look for documents, modeling, aerobatics. You should find a few pages of rules for F3P and "Aeromusicals" competitions.