Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 how can I use my firebird guts to make a slowflyer? >

how can I use my firebird guts to make a slowflyer?

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

how can I use my firebird guts to make a slowflyer?

Old 02-19-2006, 02:29 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how can I use my firebird guts to make a slowflyer?

I would like to know if it is possible to take my firebird components and put them into a slowstick body. I have a firebird scout, so there would be no elevator. any thoughts?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:31 AM

Default RE: how can I use my firebird guts to make a slowflyer?

I do have a 3 channel controller from my bladerunner. would it work with a receiver of the same frequency?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:08 AM
My Feedback: (1)

using the components from the firebird might work. the firebird scout is 2 channel, throttle and rudder (v-tail), so on the Slow stick, you just wouldnt have an elevator, which would be just like your firebird. the Firebird weighs 5.8oz while the slow stick weighs 14-15oz, so the Pico Stick may be a better match for the Firebirds weight, the little 180 size motor from the firebird may have a hard time lugging around all that extra wing area on the slow stick. (the Pico Stick is around 6.5-7oz)

the BladeRunner uses a propriatary signal, so its TX will only work for its RX. plus, depending on how many amps the firebirds motor draws, the BladeRunners FETs might not be able to handle it

nick
Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 PM

I was planning to use the motor that came with the slowstick but I will look at the pico stick I was also planning to use the prop and gearbox and stuff that came with it. What about the GLobal Slow jazz? its weight is 5.5-6 oz.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:36 AM

Would you consider modifying your Firebird Scout to reduce wing loading and slow it down? Maybe you could try to modify and mount the larger Aerobird Challenger wing on it or turn it into a biplane. It seems like that would be easier than adapting the guts to another airframe.