Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 What is the cheapest (and easiest to fly) indoor rtf airplane? >

What is the cheapest (and easiest to fly) indoor rtf airplane?

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

What is the cheapest (and easiest to fly) indoor rtf airplane?

Old 02-20-2006, 12:10 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the cheapest (and easiest to fly) indoor rtf airplane?

I really would like to start flying indoor because it is very windy in my area, I cant fly my firebird a lot and I am poor and I wanted a cheap indoor flying rtf thanks, Phil
Old 02-20-2006, 08:42 AM

Default RE: What is the cheapest (and easiest to fly) indoor rtf airplane?

The Air Hogs Aeroace is one of the best 2 channel under $50 dollar planes out there. It is $30 bucks and can be bought at Target, Toys R us, Walmart, and other such places. I wouldn't advise walmart because they sell it for $40 instead of $30.

It has the same controls as the Firebird but uses a lipo battery for much longer flight times. There are other really nice 30 dollar planes like the Preserver but it doesn't have the foam construction of the AA. The AA's wings can be bent in almost any direction (I wouldn't advise it, but I've done it so...)

I would rec the AA or the Preserver. Both fly very well in a space like a basketball gym or other indoor spots. (Not your house though...) The Aero Ace can fly in a space the size of a COMPLETELY EMPTY 2 car garage. I would recomend a gym depending on which even though you may only use half of the court.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:28 PM

next time you go to the Wmart ,target ,toys are us don't pass up the Estes flying rangers ,4 different , p-52, f4u, p-47, and me-109 also a series of sport types but bottom line $29.99 with r/c installed . The LHS may carry the same Estes types without the r/c gear installed for $19.99 install your own gear to your hearts delight. And they are good indoor fliers.
tom
Old 02-22-2006, 11:50 PM
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for the info
Old 03-26-2006, 11:28 AM

I second that. A.A. Keep the box insert that it comes in and keep it to store your plane in, I keep mine in the truck of my car 'just in case" i have and emergency craving to fly. I put small wheels just behind the on/off switch
Old 03-26-2006, 08:25 PM

Don't go with the Estes stuff. The only thing those are good for is looking decent. Sure, you could buy an Estes, gut it, and insert AA electronics. But I don't think you would want to do that.

Go with the AA, you'll be very happy with it.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:04 AM

Hi

check out:

www.aerofred.com

We produce the Mini Tiger 150...people say it´s a great indoor ...and it´s not expensive.

regards,

fred