Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

good micro kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:55 AM
mecevans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good micro kit

i am looking for a micro rc kit that is small and slow whats the best one? ive flown .40 trainers before pretty well but im looking into micro because its cheaper and its something else i could try ive build allot of micro free flight planes and its getting kind of boring and i want to try the rc stuff! any advice? ive seen these ( http://radicalrc.secure-mall.com/sho...46&cart=403060 ) but wat ive read they are pretty fast but could this fly in a small gym with light equipment? please help me !
Old 03-17-2006, 08:05 AM
dhurd

Default RE: good micro kit

mecevans,
You may want to take a look at some of our equipment and planes over at www.smallrc.com. If you have any questions I would be more then happy to answer them for you.

Regards,
Dan Hurd
DWE
www.smallrc.com
Old 03-18-2006, 12:36 AM
mecevans

i saw the skeeter,liddle bug and the mini sport which one is the best? but i see that the servos and tx are expensive is there any other ones that would work that are cheeper? i need a list of good sites that i can do some resurch with do you know of any?
Old 03-18-2006, 08:03 PM
*BUBBA*

[link]http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/443443.asp[/link] this micro servo might help you a little, right now im thinking of builing a micro out of a rubber band p-51 that they sell there
Old 03-18-2006, 11:32 PM
mecevans

what about this

http://www.srbatteries.com/bantam.htm

is this very good?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:54 AM
dhurd

ORIGINAL: mecevans

i saw the skeeter,liddle bug and the mini sport which one is the best?
It really depends on what kind of flying characteristics you want. They are all good flyers.

ORIGINAL: mecevans
but i see that the servos and tx are expensive is there any other ones that would work that are cheeper?
You don't have to buy servos. The planes you listed actually don't use servos they use proportional actuators which are much cheaper then our the servos. ($170 for everything to get the Mini Sport in the air including the kit) The receivers don't require a "special" transmitter and use any FM aircraft transmitter so if you are already flying planes you have a transmitter that will work with the receviers.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:25 PM
mecevans

i have a tx and i knew about the actuators im thinking of going with the liddle bug because none of the other planes say the wing area and loading but the bug has a wing loading of 2.38 is that good enought? how slow will it fly? i mainly just want a slow and small plane. i saw that the liddle bug had a fake engine and wheel pants i was thinking of removing them to lightening it up and mabe make it a stick kind of thing. on the web site they have a electronics package with a wieght of 16 grams ive looked on a few of other sites and this one seems to be the lightest is there any other one thats lighter?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:36 PM
dhurd

mecevans,
The Liddle Bug with the equipment from www.smallrc.com is a very stable, docile flyer. Here is link to video of one built and flown by Tim Wolff and as you can see it easily flies within a gymnasium.
http://www.smallrc.com/forum/vb_juke...main&mysong=49

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dan
www.smallrc.com
Old 03-25-2006, 06:09 PM
mecevans

wow looks very slow i think i might buy that one but i would want to lighten it up a little
Old 03-30-2006, 12:25 AM
mecevans

what motor and reciver should i use?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:13 AM
dhurd

mecevans,
Sorry it took so long to answer you. I thought I had subscribed to this thread but I didn't receive any emails that someone had posted here. Anyway the LiddleBug flys extremely well on the stock setup you really don't need to lighten it up although you can if you feel the need. Personally my recommendation would be to go with the stock setup to get you introduced to Micro R/C and then experiment with lightening things up if you feel the need. If you go the the LiddleBug kit we have the option for a complete flight pack for it that you can select while ordering.

Regards,
Dan
www.smallrc.com