Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 Blade CX / CP? Recommendations for first small electric helo? >

Blade CX / CP? Recommendations for first small electric helo?

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Blade CX / CP? Recommendations for first small electric helo?

Old 04-02-2006, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CX / CP? Recommendations for first small electric helo?

First, let me say I have never flown a RC helo. I have flown a few park flying electric airplanes.

I was looking for an electric helo around the $200 price range. So far I have looked hard at the CX ($190) and CP ($220). Both seem pretty neat. I am leaning towards the CX since it's coaxial and seems easier to fly.

Anyway, my question is how good are these two? Are they fun to fly? I saw the things like the bladerunner on here, but they just seem more like toys than actual helos. Seems like they would get boring more quickly than a CX or CP.

Other than that, is there something the equivalent of the CX or CP for cheaper than $190/220, which is still just as good?

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Blade CX

You'll probably get more responses from the helicopter sections, but I'll impart what i know The CX is a good one--the CP will be very difficult for someone who has not had another helicopter, and isn't really something you can fly indoors easily. The contra-rotation helicopters are really cool, easy to fly, and good for indoors (but not really for outdoors). Another option you might consider is the Esky Lama 2, which is the one I personally have. It's about $130, and while the quality of components is not as good as the CX, for the money it's been a really good 'copter. The 'ultimate' contra-rotation helicopter is probably the Hirobo HRB. It's like $350, but it flies incredibly well. My friend at the office has one and we have a blast flying them around the office. He just got a CP as well, and that thing's pretty intimidating, even after our experience with the smaller heli's.

I got my Lama 2 at HeliDirect:
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=594

It was the best deal (cost + shipping) I could find for the US--other places are cheaper, but are shipping from Hong Kong, so the shipping cost is huge. Unfortunately they're sold out right now, but I'm sure you can find one somewhere. Be sure to get some extra blades for it

Anyway, have fun!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:20 PM

Default RE: Blade CX / CP? Recommendations for first small electric helo?

Oh sorry didnt know this was the wrong forum. I saw the electric heli forum, but all i saw were the two subforums and not the posts.

Anyway, Do you think the CX ir more capable or something? I know the CX costs more, but if it will last longer and is more fun I'd rather get it.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:22 PM

yeah, Ive tried learning helis on both configurations, and the CX is the way to go, you dont waste too much batt triming and trying to get a nice hover or steady flight
Old 04-18-2006, 07:52 AM
My Feedback: (16)

I've been flying the Blade CX with very little training on a simulator (about 10 minutes). I must admit, I'm a rank beginner with helos, but I can fly this pretty good and I've never used the training wheels. You just have to adjust your thinking as to what the function of each stick is. As I understand, the collective pitch models are much more tricky.