Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Aero Ace Questions

Old 05-07-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Ace Questions

Hey, after finding a place that sells the AA for $25.00 on the internet, i ordered one, but while it's in the mail i have a couple of questions. 1st: Is the throttle proportional? 2: Would I be able to take off from the ground if in put a landing gear on? 3: Is it able to do any tricks? Thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 10:51 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Aero Ace Questions

the throttle is semi-proportional, it has seven speeds basically, and it'll climb on the lowest setting. the transition between speeds is very smooth. steering is not proportional, but it really doesnt need to be, it turns nicely. it will ROG if you put landing gear on it, but since its so small, the gear has to be pretty well centered or it'll just spin. it doesnt really do any tricks, but if you do it right you can get it to loop (sometimes, not often, unless you chuck it hard), and if its windy out, sometimes it'll do a little barrel roll when the wind catches the wing. for 30 bucks, its the best deal out there, considering you get a 130mah lipo cell, lipo charger, two 6mm motors with counter rotating props (a nice bonus), a nearly indestructable airplane, and you can make tons of other planes with its electronics.

nick
Old 05-08-2006, 12:02 AM

cool, thanks
Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I find that I dont have a lower throttle setting maybe a little less than half throttle with fresh charge. I need to work on the turning trim as it wants to turn to the left but the trim knob is turned a little right.[X(]
Old 05-10-2006, 07:06 PM

There is actually a company that sells the Areo Ace with wheels (for about $45 bucks and night lights for about $50). The thread is somewhere in here but I don't remember where exactly.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:00 PM

I HAVE DEALT WITH THE COMPANY YOUR REFERING TO, IT'S AEROACEMODS.COM. I BOUGHT THE LANDING GEAR AND A SPARE TAIL. FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY WERE SLOW IN SHIPPING.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:04 PM

Has anyone else noticed that TRU has pulled the AA. I got a C channel that faded, wanted to exchange it and couldn't . This is online, the entries state not currently available.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:49 PM

About the aeroacemods.com, they sell some pretty cool stuff, you could have just been one of the few who waited a long time for their package... has anyone elce ordered from them?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:28 PM

Sorry about the caps, still getting used to wireless. Flew my parts AA without lower wings just now. Wow. Once 2006 AA's are available I can't wait to modify one. Not willing to give up the one 2006 I have now. Tim
Old 05-16-2006, 07:08 PM

wat there are new models of the aero ace? like the jet?