Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

wich should i get?micro flyer,aero ace, x_twin

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.
View Poll Results: A poll
micro flyer
5.00%
aero ace
90.00%
x_twin
5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

wich should i get?micro flyer,aero ace, x_twin

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:50 PM
monstermaker13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wich should i get?micro flyer,aero ace, x_twin

im going to get one of these for parts. the only question is wich. i want most power,flight time, and least wieght
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59565.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	464274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98510.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	464275  
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2006, 02:06 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: wich should i get?micro flyer,aero ace, x_twin

the X-Twins and AeroAce are the same bird, basically. they've just got differant names. the X-Twins were the originals, from over seas, they also have a lot of other plane designs using the same electronics. us here in the US get the scraps

but, if you're wanting one just for parts, it'll depend on what kind of plane you're wanting to build. with the X-Twins/AA, you're kinda stuck with twin engine airplane (you can run an actuator for a rudder if needed though). you can build more standard type planes with the MicroFlyers equipment with its single motor and actuator for the rudder. i think the AA's electronics are easier to handle too, getting a rudder working right with an actuator can be tricky when you're first starting out. with the AA, you can just use double sided tape to mount the motors, RX, and lipo, and thats it.

the microflyer in your picture is a knock off of the originall WattAge MicroFlyer. they're pretty much the same plane, except the version in your pic has a two speed throttle, and sticks rather than buttons on the TX on the WattAge version. i had both at one point, the knock off never flew for me, but others have had success, but you could say the same about the Wattage one too (its hit or miss on how well they fly out of the box). the two speed throttle is a nice feature though, i used that RX in a handfull of my own planes.

nick
Old 05-21-2006, 04:29 PM
monstermaker13

i think im gonna build a mini autogyro with the micro flyer
Old 05-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Tommyr

The micro flyer STINKS to high heaven. DEFINATELY get an Aero Ace! It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on for $30!

GET THAT PLANE!

Tom

Old 05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
monstermaker13

i guess i see how i could make a autogyro out of an aa. i coud put a stick on the front and put a motor on each end .that would still cause the air flow to move the main prop. and the twin engine stearing would make it go left or right ,cool! i didnt think about that. owww , my head hurts :,
Old 06-08-2006, 06:48 PM
flyingace451

The micro flyer STINKS to high heaven. DEFINATELY get an Aero Ace! It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on for $30!

GET THAT PLANE!
I second that statement. I have tried 3 Micro Flyers and all 3 were terrible. 1 I got to fly ok, but then the actuator AND antenna broke off. 1 kind of flew...then died. The other never got off the ground...even though I hand launched it.

The Aeroace is automatic success...even if it has 2 little motors with no real control surfaces.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
bmannrcflyer

I havent had the other two but the aero ace is awsome... Within the first day i went through 10 charges, and i lost it in a tree 15 ft above my 2 story house. If you get the right wind and lift it can get up there... But i finally got it down today and cut off the bottom wing and it is 10 times better, no more porpoising and turns much better now.
My vote is for the AA and you cant go wrong for 30 bucks.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:42 AM
jim3d2004

I looked for a long time for a plane to fly in the front yard, tried to build a few but never could get one or build one small enough. The AA flys right out of the box, stand in the driveway and fly even flys in a slight breeze, take off the bottom wings and it flys fast. I have two.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 AM
monstermaker13

im getting another aa today, its my 6th one