Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

New Spin Master jet

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
frank10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Spin Master jet

I lost my jet over the weekend. It was nice and calm so I started flying high. Then, a big gust of wind took it and it went out of site.

big bummer
Old 08-27-2006, 01:21 PM
googledperson

I love my new jet! SOme one told me that if i was expecting it to be like the bipe i would be disappointed but i wasnt!It is not at all like the bipe but for some reason i like it better i think it has a much more stable flight and you can actually fly it to a point without it deviating form its course. However, when the batt gets low and i turn it right it gets stuck going right sometimes and will just crash even if i let go of the controller it keeps turning right (the motors are on i can hear the pitch) any suggestions or am i running the battery too low? Also, frank next time if you want to bring it down turn it at full throttle rather than letting it glide. It eventually turns the wings completely sideways and it loses all lift. Careful when it gets close to the ground though!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:56 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

If you decide to gut your jet and put the gear in a bipe, you can have a great glider out of the airframe. From extensive kid testing, the best weight is 2 loose pennies in the battery box. It seems that the pennies are pushed back by the throw and then as the plane glides back to level flight the pennies shift. My neice flew one around the second story roof and into a tree. The wind helped. Tim
Old 09-16-2006, 01:46 PM
googledperson

I LOVE my jet any mods though? i have put a couple pieces of electrical tape at the nose to protect it and it brought the cg forward. However, i just flew it today after giving it a week long break and its CRAZY. Its more powerful than when i first got it. I might need some more tape on the front to reduce the new porpoising.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Neurotex

Could be the change in weather. I've noticed that some of my foam gliders
fly different now because of just sitting. They've warped and sagged enough to
cause slight flight differences. A balsa wing I did 15 years ago has bowed to the
forces of gravity and may now be scrap. time warp
Old 11-01-2006, 06:52 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

It does not appear that this thread is used much anymore. I'm posting on my jet mod project on the primary aa thread. Tim