Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:52 PM
makg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Does anyone have the measurements for the picco Z TX and the heli? I found a cool pistol case at fred meyers for only 5 bucks and was wondering if it would all fit...
Old 10-01-2006, 06:54 PM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

Has anyone figured out how to charge the battery with a hobby LiPo charger?
Old 10-01-2006, 07:33 PM
suesimion
My Feedback: (1)

My son has been having a blast flying the Picoo Z in the Hobby Store (Lukes RC Planes). But you must be careful of the Halloween decorations !!We'll just call this PICOO Z IN DISTRESS...
Old 10-01-2006, 10:24 PM
TurboRacer
My Feedback: (4)

Just got one today.. pretty cool

Will read this thread over tomorrow to see what kind of mods I want to do

My cat loves watching it fly!!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:25 PM
micro_builder

makg, the Piccos TX measures 5.25 long, 5.25 tall (4.5 not counting the red LED case), 2.5 deep (1.5 not counting the sticks), not sure about the piccos size, i dont have the heli with me at the moment.

keith, its just a matter of clipping the leads from the lipo and installing whatever type of connectors you use. i've done it to both of mine so i dont have to use the TX batteries.

nick
Old 10-01-2006, 11:17 PM
klhoard

Got it. . . I'll take a look at it tomorrow. My son has been flying the daylights out of it all day so I have to wait till he goes to school.. .
Old 10-01-2006, 11:33 PM
makg

ORIGINAL: micro_builder

makg, the Piccos TX measures 5.25 long, 5.25 tall (4.5 not counting the red LED case), 2.5 deep (1.5 not counting the sticks)
Thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 05:27 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: TurboRacer

Just got one today.. pretty cool

Will read this thread over tomorrow to see what kind of mods I want to do

My cat loves watching it fly!!

Nice photo! LOL!

Tom
Old 10-02-2006, 06:53 AM
klhoard

So I'm guessing that there are some electronic components (diodes, ect.) between the charge receptacle and the LiPo? Ideally I would like to just clip off the charge jack from the Tx and make a cord to hook it up to my CellPro charger.
Does anyone know the capacity of the LiPo and how many charges you're getting from a fresh set of AA batteries?
My son has already figured out the whole "Right-Forward", "Left-Stop" thing and was landing his Picoo on the ceiling fan blades this morning. . .
Old 10-02-2006, 07:04 AM
heli_Rod

TurboRacer, I think your cat has more than a casual interest in the Picco Z! [:-] He seems awefully intent....LOL Beautiful cat, by the way!

Rod
Old 10-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Cptn. Krunch

I did a little mod to my Picoo after about 30 flights. The body was getting pretty ratty so off it came. I managed to meet the 9 gram weight with the new shell and with a little tweeking it worked great. I am getting great control with this body, especially in forward flight. Body is a mix of Zepron and Depron with the outer layers sanded off (the heavy part). I think the next body I make will be a big Russian gunship. You could really make just about anything. Good luck with yours.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94118.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	533841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59802.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	533842  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Chris 1

YAY!! I have enough money for one.... but I have to wait for CS to catch up...
Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM
micro_builder

Cptn. Krunch, thats one slick looking body, nice work

keith, yeah, there is a diode in the mix on the RX to stop an incoming charge from anything else but the stock TX charger. if you can match the TX chargers V and A output with your own charger, then it should work. the stock cell is a fullriver 50mah cell, they're capeable of handling an amp discharge for a little while, so they're pretty stout, plus they handle a 2C charge rate for most of the charge cycle. i cant remember how many charges i was getting from one set of AA's in the TX, but you'll notice when they start going bad - the heli will look to be charged in just a matter of minutes.

nick
Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Cobalt Saber

ORIGINAL: googledperson

I have a new awesome mod for the picco z. It is similar to the bead mod but is less risky. You take two of the aluminum stickers provided with the helicopter. (if you need them for weight use a pushpin for weight instead) cut little slots out of each one lengthwise about the widthe of the main rotor, and then apply ffrom opposite sides onto the main rotor shaft. It should form a tight square around the main rotor shaft right where it comes out of the heli. This reduced my vibration to none and greatly aided my flight times. Ill try to find my digital camer a post pics. This mod was not my own idea except for the materials. Credit goes to some guy named Raphael over on rc groups.
l--------l
l ______l
l l______
l_______l
Each sticker should look something like that

do you have a pic? I dont really get it.....
Old 10-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Cptn. Krunch

Thanks MB. This is my first try at something this small. Now I can really appreciate all of the amazing work you and your freinds do.
I think I will be making a few extras for the inevitable fleet.
Question for you: Is it really important to run these to the LVC? I have "boost charged" mine half way through the charge and I was wondering if that is acceptable for long battery life.
Cheers,
Cptn.K
Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
robotronski

Not a problem, I'm on these forums to help and be helped. If someone wants to dog me, I'll just let it pass. I was just so thrilled with the results I wanted to share it. I'm sure there are lots of duplicate solutions floating around, who has time to check for them all. I'm not the type of guy who gets offended if somebody claims one of my ideas as their own. I would take that as a complement anyhow.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Chris 1

umm. I believe he was talking to Micro Builder (MB)
Old 10-02-2006, 12:22 PM
micro_builder

Cptn.K, its not needed to drain the cell down to the LVC. my past with NiCD and NiMH usually makes me do it, just out of habbit, but the lipos dont seem to care either way. the new high capacity cells handle the 2C charge with ease, but i always charge at 1C, just to be on the safe side (though the AA, picco, MM, and loads of other new lipo powered toys charge with 2C ratings, it appears to be 100% safe, i just dont know what it does to the lifespan of the lipo).

robotronski, the pin in the nose is a good idea. i was kinda surprised at the way people went off on Tommyr because of the suggestion, as it had been suggested a few times in the past with no ill effects. the lipo is a good half inch or more behind the nose of the heli, so a simple push pin shouldnt hurt the cell ever. i found though, that by trimming some of the foam away from the inside of the nose, you can slide the lipo forward a little ways and get the same CG location that you would with the push pin, but you dont have the added weight. it helps a lot!

nick
Old 10-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Cobalt Saber

ARG! I need 18 more dollars! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO CLOSE! 051 has enough but he is waiting for me
Old 10-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Chris 1

CRAP!! I went to RS today, They had 2 mini BR's... But no Picco Z's. They guy said that they ordered more, but they would not be in for like 2 weeks! Do I really need the extra Prop? Or should I look at TRU?
Old 10-03-2006, 05:54 PM
jm_obrien
My Feedback: (6)

Does anyone have any parts listings?? I need a main blade, and don't say I can go to RS and get a replacement for $30

Jon
Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 PM
jm_obrien

Or TRU Or Wal-Mart........
Old 10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Chris 1

How did you brake it? I might still get one form RS because it comes with an extra Prop.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:15 PM
jm_obrien

Metal filing cabinet with a push pin in the nose tip. It looked pretty swift until that happened, btw scotch tape works for now. In fact I don't even notice any difference, one side of the main rotor broke in half almost perfectly so with nothing to lose I put a small piece of scotch tape on the top and another on the bottom and successfully TAPED the rotor together. This thing is amazing! I brought it to work with me(hence filing cabinet) and was showing it off to some coworkers and everyone went nuts, a buddy of mine went and picked one up within hours and I KNOW there will be more. They better hurry though because out of our three RS one is sold out and the other two each have just one left.

Jon
Old 10-03-2006, 06:26 PM
micro_builder

spares arent in the US yet, but the x-ufo shop overseas has ALL the replacement parts: http://www.xufo-shop.de/sess/utn;jse...dex.shopscript

nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.