Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Old 10-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Cptn. Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Hooch, I made up a simple drawing and explanation of one way to make a body for these but this web soes not support the file type. I will include some more pics later.
Cheers,
Cptn.K
Old 10-10-2006, 03:34 PM
XStroX

Whoever asked a few posts back...
I've been getting around 7 or 8 minute flight times and thats whitout landing it once. Cutting the leading edge of the rotors helped immensely there.
They are extremely durable. I have crashed mine on wood floors from over 5 feet up at least 50 times now and the most damage I've done is brake the small tail rudder support which really doesn't affect anything.
I to would like to know if anyone offers replacement rotors or tail motors because I'm figuring its only a matter of time before one or the other goes out. It would be a shape to have to pay another 30 dollars just because a rotor snaps.
I've recharged mine about 15 times now (all on the first set of AA batteries mind you) and everything still seems fine so far.
And I noticed the price went up at Radio Shack as well. Must be pretty popular. Everyone I've showed the thing to loves it including the girlfriend.

Stro
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 PM
rckid90

ok i my heli keeps on spinning counter clock wize with full trim and i have to hold full right stick to hover. Is there any thing i can do to fix this:"{.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:15 PM
calvinlo

ORIGINAL: rckid90

ok i my heli keeps on spinning counter clock wize with full trim and i have to hold full right stick to hover. Is there any thing i can do to fix this:"{.
Same thing happened to mine, only worst - The heli kept spinnning counter-clockwise, even with the stick and trim fully to the right. [X(] The funny thing is - minimum control only returned when the battery weakened so much that the heli couldn't hold its altitude...[]

Can anyone help? The heli looks ok physically w/o any demage.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 PM
rckid90

i figured out how to fix it. i put a needle rapped in tap in the nose of my heli (add weight to the nose of the heli). It works great you get forward flight and you get rid of the spin. IM SO HAPPY THIS THING IS SO FING FUN WHO EVER CAME UP WITH THIS I COULD(IF IT WAS A GIRL) KISS THEM LOL[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=shades_smile.gif][sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 AM
XStroX

A thumb tack in the nose works great. And once you add the weight, cut the leading edge of your rotors. You will be amazed at how you can then hover with only half throttle. Theres a post in this thread about how much to cut.

Stro
Old 10-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Cptn. Krunch

I got a PM that asked for a tutorial on building the bodies for a Picoo so here you go. Start with 1mm Zepron, you can get a sheet at Dairy Queen. You also need a bit of 3mm Depron. You could use the foam from a meat tray with the outer surface sanded off for weight savings. Draw an out line of the chopper you wish to build on the Zepron sheet, mapping out all the original choppers dimensions. Cut the foam and then make a strip for the bottom (the floor) and one for the top. I bent the top strip of foam to fit the contour of the heli. Glue with foam safe CA or Foam adhesive but use it lightly. Once the frame is all together, just sand to shape and decide if you want skids or gear. The skids you see in the pic are carbon rod and Depron. Now you should have a new little body ready for a magic marker paint job. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62642.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	539131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96205.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	539132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19128.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	539133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18675.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	539134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw20441.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	539135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up94812.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	539136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ya55765.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	539137  
Old 10-11-2006, 10:27 AM
h00ch

No, I didn't, but thanks for the pics anyways! [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Cptn. Krunch

And so you didn't....pardon me. Oh well, enjoy folks!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:34 PM
gwhite1

Who has these in stock? No radio shacks in kansas city does. Any online vendors?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 PM
googledperson

ORIGINAL: XStroX

A thumb tack in the nose works great. And once you add the weight, cut the leading edge of your rotors. You will be amazed at how you can then hover with only half throttle. Theres a post in this thread about how much to cut.

Stro
by leading edge do you mean the entire front edge that first hits the edge or just the end of the rotors? a pic would be nice! maybe with the pieces shown?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

googledperson, post #104 here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43..._5/key_/tm.htm

some folks did it and said they didnt notice any differance, but myself and others did find it helped quite a bit.

nick
Old 10-12-2006, 12:09 AM
makg

RADIOSHACK.COM NOW HAS THEM IN STOCK! Not that i'd pay almost $50.00 shipped for it...
Old 10-12-2006, 12:45 AM
micro_builder

if you think 50 is bad, check this out: http://www.trendtimes.com/picco-z-rc-helicopter.html

keep in mind that the picco they're selling is no differant than a normal picco you can buy at RS or TRU. i sent them an email asking about the absurd price and other false claims - they didnt have much to say

edit: anyone reading this should feel the urge to send them an email as well, and make sure to let everyone you talk to about the heli, to NOT buy from that site. its basically a site, selling legal fraud.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:30 AM
renoscenic

I lived here in UK its available in Woolworth for £24.99 in three colors black , yellow and purple , i ordered two of them yellow and purple black is out of stock . dont know the channel of this two . cant wait for tomorrow for store pick up.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:34 AM
renoscenic

Picco z actually its a lot cheaper than my x flying club which is £29.99 each in maplins.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 PM
3DMON
My Feedback: (39)

For those who have problems with the tail spining even with it trimmed all the way.

I had this problem and noticed one of the tail rotor blades was not straight. I just bent it back and the problem went away.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:49 PM
micro_builder

to follow up with what christmended said, it also only takes one tiny hair to wrap around the tail motors shaft and slow it down. there's been more than a couple times where my picco started spinning uncontrollably and it was just a hair. took all of about 5 seconds to fix.

nick
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 PM
GTX SlotCar

My son & I have both had it happen quite often. Long blond hair wrapped around the motor shaft. Wife must be shedding.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:00 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Try Toys-R-Us. That is where I got mine. $29.95
ORIGINAL: gwhite1

Who has these in stock? No radio shacks in kansas city does. Any online vendors?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:45 PM
googledperson

hey if i want to make a new body for my picco can i use those foam plates from meat markets? also, what holds the inner workings in place, i noticed in mine after taking the body off that i had to tape it tightly or it vibrated a lot. Oh ya and if i make one should i make an apache or a cobra? or maybe a black hawk, which one would be easiest? a rounded design like the black hawk or a more angular design liken the apache? also if i want to make a rounded design would i need thicker foam?
Old 10-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Chris 1

You might want to use Epp foam.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Cptn. Krunch

Yup, as i said you could use meat tray foam....they are usually made of Zepron.
Innerds: I use 2 sided tape to hold the battery down and CA glue on the tail where it meets the body...thats it. I tried useing EPP but it soaks up CA too easy, sanding was ugly and unless it's molded like the original, it looks ratty in this scale.
The Blackhawk body could make the tail too heavy. But, give it a try! If you look at the pics of the bodies I made, they all start off square and I sand the contours into them. This lessens the weight too.
Yesterday I plowed my Hind-gunship Picoo into my F-16 that i have hanging in the Den at full speed. I broke a flybar but not the body!!! A little rubber CA and she was back straffing Rambo (The Cat) in 30 minutes. [8D]

Old 10-13-2006, 07:29 PM
micro_builder

i got my bearings today and installed them. it was much less painless than i was expecting, all really took was two needle nose pliers, a 7/64th (2.75mm) inch drill bit, and a peice of 1mm CF rod. it was a tight fit for the bearings, so they should hold themselves in place, which is good cause it looked near impossible to apply any amount of glue without it getting into the races of the bearings themselves.

i had already trimmed the leading edge of the main rotor blades, so i dont know what it was like before that with bearings, but with the bearings installed now, its 100% better. i dont have a body on it right now, and just glued on a scrap peice of CF to hold the battery in place for a test flight. with such little weight and much less on the rotor shaft, even the lowest throttle position made it climb almost too much - i actually had to cut the throttle all the way off to avoid smashing the ceiling. there's also NO vibration at any throttle position, its as smooth as glass. its a worthwhile modification to do, as flight times should be much better, and overall controll is now far superior. after i build a proper frame for the lipo and new body i'll check the flight times.

i also did a neat little mod a fellow picco flyer did, which is basically to flip the heli upside down. it requires removing the main rotor and spur gear off the metal shaft, very gentle twisting with the needle nose got both off without any damage. you also have to flip the tail motor 180 degrees so its pointing the other way. it looks more like a normal RC heli now, with the gear at the bottom. i dont have a pic yet, but i attatched a picture of the mod.

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79772.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	540658  
Old 10-14-2006, 01:22 AM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: micro_builder
.....i also did a neat little mod ....it looks more like a normal RC heli now,....
I meant to order those bearings and 1mm rod, now I forgot where to get it.

Some helis have the motor above the gear, but the larger, more expensive ones have it below for a lower CG. Yours looks real cool, though.

I wonder if I can make superskids for them

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.