Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Old 09-01-2006, 11:31 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

googledperson,
it is two channel, up/down/left/right. but, due to some lateral thinking, you can go forward or back by turning clockwise or counterclockwise. it doesnt sound like much, but once its trimmed right, and have figured out how to get it to do what you want it to, its pretty easy to control. if you put nose weight on, it loses most of its ability to hover, but the nose weight helps a lot for forward flight. left/right is controlled with a tail motor/prop. the guy in the video does a good job.

Ferndale,
i cant tell if its tape or what on the tail boom. might be the original sticker they have put on it, but i'm starting to wonder how effective a larger tail "rudder" would do. it might cut down on unwanted spinning. since the RX and TX are IR, rather than RF, the sun makes a big differance in range. the IR band is pretty strong, but direct sunlight, or even a sun lit room can cause lots of glitches. flying outside at dusk is possible, and very fun (especially with an excess of nose weight!).

nick
Old 09-02-2006, 12:32 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Micro, I must confess to blowing up the image while the Z was broadside to the camera. You can see the wraps of tape. The tape also appears to wrap around the lower wing ass'y. Tim
Old 09-02-2006, 05:48 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

maybe its for stability, to help keep the tail from swinging around too much. might not be a bad thing to try.

my heli started having some issues with not seeming to have enough thrust. a small shot of liquid graphite and she was flying great again. today i did the simple mod of putting a couple fins on the nose, as well as a little hood scoop, both to catch the main props prop wash and push the nose down, giving good forward flight without much added weight. i also removed the rest of the sticker on the tail and replaced it with a larger tail, but i think i could have made it bigger - same with the fins, but otherwise it works pretty good.

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98541.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	517767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39467.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	517768  
Old 09-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Tommyr

Well even though I ordered one from Radioshack online this morning (because I couldn't find them anywhere last week) just for goofs I went down to Toys r' Us today and low and behold they finally had them!!! I bought 2, a blue and a red one and I'm flying the blue one at the moment! If you don't have one yet you HAVE to get one of these babys! It takes no time to learn to fly it. The smile/grin/laugh factor is HUGE!!! I'm 48 and my 20 year old niece stopped by and was laughing her butt of watching me fly it! She said "the look on your face is priceless!"

GET ONE OF THESE, RIGHT NOW!

Tom
(who's face hurts from grinning!)
Old 09-03-2006, 01:26 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tommyr, is the blue one a c channel perchance?
Old 09-03-2006, 01:51 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

It's a long week end here in the States. I'll look at the controller and the bird, and see if channel changing is an option. Tim
Old 09-03-2006, 07:34 AM
sama

AUSSIES PRE ORDER YOU MICRO MONSTER NOW!!! site back up and working better then ever. www.eagle-hobbies.com
Old 09-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tommyr, is the blue one a c channel perchance?

Yes it is.

Tom
Old 09-03-2006, 01:47 PM
googledperson

my local radioshack says theyll have them in stock late september so until then ill wait. Also is it just the bladrunner 2 thats good or is there only a 1 because my local radioshack has a black bladerunner instock and i dont know if its the right kind that other guy was talking about. (the red one he took a picture of)
Old 09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
sama

Yep the red bladerunner is the good one, i love mine and i have flown it longer then 15 mins with out landing. :P
Old 09-04-2006, 02:40 AM
13BT

hey sama, try to come out to Yokine Reserve on sundays. A bunch of us are flying there every week. I cant guarantee I'll always be there but if you want to go there one week then I'll try to let you know if I'll be there or not. You might make some sales if you demo some products.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:05 AM
sama

Is it indoor?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:05 AM
13BT

its outdoor, but if the weathers fine, its almost as good
Old 09-04-2006, 12:54 PM
hotdamnit

I have seen it fly it is almost unbreakable with normal use find them at toys r us or maybe radio shack good luck they sell out almost as fast as they come in
Old 09-04-2006, 09:12 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tommyr, I asked that because my a ch is displaying aa a ch issues. I have another picco z on the way. At that point I'll feel better about gutting one. Tim
Old 09-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Djstinger

Ferndale, I took back my B channel for A channel - yellow. The a is much quieterand climbs like crazy. I haven't had much luck with getting it to go forward, I have the 3 pcs. of aluminum sticker on now but need to add more.

I also som problums with direct sun light but it was with the B. That is why I took it back.

In the manual it says to plug the charger into the heli and it will charge. I hope I'm not alone but I have turn on my Tx for it to charge, is this normal?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: Djstinger

In the manual it says to plug the charger into the heli and it will charge. I hope I'm not alone but I have turn on my Tx for it to charge, is this normal?

You have to turn the TX ON to charge the Picoo. The green light goes out when fully charged.

Tom
Old 09-05-2006, 09:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I got my second picc z today, it is a C ch. The sticker scheme is the same as the A ch. So much for what crazyfruitbat.com has to say. The C ch seems to fly better than my a ch. The entire tail boom seems to be offline by 2-3 degrees. My c ch is quieter than my a ch. The c ch flies much better than the a ch. It would seem that the b ch is the poorest channel. (this is what I wrote before for poorest ch. (worst.) Braat anyone?

I think the problem with being in on the new cool toy, is that we are the troubleshooters. We will figure out what needs to change for major mass market, and we will pay for the early plane/helo models. And the companies marketing the products will ignore us as people, but enact some of the changes we discuss on these forums. If the manufacturers and marketers only put these products through their friends hands the product would be worse.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I got my second picc z today, it is a C ch. The sticker scheme is the same as the A ch. So much for what crazyfruitbat.com has to say. The C ch seems to fly better than my a ch. The entire tail boom seems to be offline by 2-3 degrees. My c ch is quieter than my a ch. The c ch flies much better than the a ch. It would seem that the b ch is the poorest channel. (this is what I wrote before for poorest ch. (worst.) Braat anyone?

I think the problem with being in on the new cool toy, is that we are the troubleshooters. We will figure out what needs to change for major mass market, and we will pay for the early plane/helo models. And the companies marketing the products will ignore us as people, but enact some of the changes we discuss on these forums. If the manufacturers and marketers only put these products through their friends hands the product would be worse.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I'm not clear on how that reposted.??.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:24 PM
itsmeray

I Just Got on Saturday and have been flying it for 4 days (Really Durable)

Go get it at radio shack for $29.00 Cant beat it.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
itsmeray

Here You Go Guys with a PICCOZ To get Better Forward Flight DONT put any more weight. But what you want to do is Use the aluminum stickers that are included and dont just stick them on the front belly like they tell you BUT stick the stickers past the Front of the nose
and let them be sort of a wind deflector . it will look like if your piccoz has a tong sticking out in front and pointng up at a 45 degree angle . It will seem to get more foward motion when you turn left or right.. Try it and let me know how it works for you ..
Ray Ford

Old 09-05-2006, 11:36 PM
itsmeray

Here You Go Guys with a PICCOZ To get Better Forward Flight DONT put any more weight. But what you want to do is Use the aluminum stickers that are included and dont just stick them on the front belly like they tell you BUT stick the stickers past the Front of the nose
and let them be sort of a wind deflector . it will look like if your piccoz has a tong sticking out in front and pointng up at a 45 degree angle . It will seem to get more foward motion when you turn left or right.. Try it and let me know how it works for you ..
Ray Ford
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
itsmeray

Ray Ford
Old 09-06-2006, 01:06 AM
13BT

could you maybe stick a pin in the nose instead? not all the way in, but have it sticking out like a probe. Maybe you could make it look like a machine gun, very gunship-like.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.