Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Is my XEC-Diversion Broke??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 05:18 AM
VoodooChile2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my XEC-Diversion Broke??

Hi, I got a new XEC_Diversion and have a major problem with its range.....I cant get more than 10 foot away from the plane without it going into spasmodic radiolink death....The plane is new (Like outta da box today)..its been charged and discharged loads, tried different batteries but still no more than 10 foot range.....even sorta dodgy at 2 feet!!.......

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Is it Broke?

I live in the UK, does that make any difference to signal/batteries?

Any help would be greatfully accepted guys.

VoodooChile
Old 12-26-2002, 05:46 PM
AutorocK
My Feedback: (1)

Default Is my XEC-Diversion Broke??

My friend just got one too... Yesterday we opened it up and had the same problem. We realized that it was a PCM radio and that when it lost signal the motors would cut out, so we never got more then 50 feet away. I have to believe that there is a deftect in the RX, but having the antena running past the batt and though a carbon fiber shaft is quite suspicous!
Old 01-08-2003, 06:34 AM
saturn360

Default xec diversion

Hi, I have the same problem. Someone else called Megatech and they said that some of their planes have reciever problems. You will have to call them and send it to them so that they can fix or replace it. Here is the info:

"They told me that some of these plane have a bad circut board.
I have to send it back to them with a note saying what is wrong and they will fix it or replace it (most likely replace). The rep told me to keep the flight battery to defray the cost of shipping to them. (Shipping back is on them). "

Here is the contact information for them.

AHC Megatech
8300 Tonnelle ave
North Bergen, NJ 07047
Tel: (201) 662-2800
fax: (201) 221-8030

I'm not very happy about mine either!
Here is the link to the thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...=&goto=newpost
Good luck! Saturn D
Old 10-24-2004, 06:42 PM
RS4RACER

Default RE: xec diversion

Hmmmmm... I just bought one today...I hope it works!