Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Storm Launcher!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 11:05 AM
makg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *!STORM LAUNCHER!*

It flys really good, climbs great, turns good in the air (with a little up elevator) and, you can definitally take off from asphalt, concrete, grass, snow, water, gravel or wha eva you want It does get tricky to fly without the horizontal, but it is much more responsive.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:19 PM
zeroseven

Picked one up today at wichita tru. They had six more and batteries. Lipo is charging now
Old 09-30-2006, 07:56 PM
zeroseven

Default RE: Storm Launcher!

Can't get my elevator trimmed out even close. Tried to get to the servo but the screws are really tight and i don't think i can get them off. Gonna try to exchange for another one.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 PM
makg

Default RE: Storm Launcher!

What position is the elevlator at? Do you need less or more up elevlator?
Old 09-30-2006, 11:35 PM
zeroseven

Well with the elevator trim all the way up the elevator is still angled up a little from the body. And it has alot of throw for up and almost none for down.

btw, i took back the first one and got another but the new has the same prob.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:56 PM
makg

Take the horizontal off and you will NEED up elevator, and that "problem" will come in handy. Plus it's more fun w/out the hor.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:54 PM
frank10

I just picked one up and did the first test drive. i'm already wishing I'd bought another battery. I didn't have a problem trimming the elevator.

I was going up and down the driveway pretty well until the battery went out.

I'm having a blast with it and I haven't even gotten it off the ground yet.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:43 PM
zeroseven

Just took it out in my driveway did a couple touch and goes. Its really really windy here so i couldnt really fly it. Fun though even just scooting around the driveway.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:03 PM
frank10

there's quite a difference between novice and pro modes. it was windy here also, so I didn't take it up.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:03 AM
ICHItheKILLER

Just picked up two stormlauncher batterys at TRU finally!! I havnt flown yet,but let motors break in a bit. My elevator trim doesnt work to well also,it is angled up a bit from center also. Is there any other adjustment on this i can make? My trim button is all the way up.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Fisher

sama,

Just order it right off of the SpinMaster web site.

https://www.spinmaster.com/product.p...=16204&s=storm

Old 10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
frank10

The third "flight" lasted much longer than the first 2. I took it up for a few short hops. what fun!

for flying, should you start out in novice and progress to pro?
Old 10-02-2006, 09:44 PM
sama

I went to spinmaster website and it turned out to be $189 australian dollers[], gonna have to sell some of my stuff.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:48 PM
sama

They dont ship to Australia[] Would anyboy from America call spinmaster up and ask when australia will get them? please.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:24 AM
STARWARSFAN

I LIVE IN THE BUFFALO NY AREA AND FOUND THEM AT TWO DIFFERENT TOYS R US. GOT TO TRY A FLIGHT YESTERDAY AND EVERYTHING WENT FINE. ANY TIME SOMETHING GOES UP AND COMES BACK DOWN IN ONE PIECE IS A GOOD THING
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
googledperson

to all of you out there who have a SL, is it worth it? i just returned a bad micromosquito and have 70$ on my hands my local tru will have it in stock tomorrow but i dunno about batteries. The real question is if i dont have enough room to fly it (maybe i do idunno) can i just drive it on the ground like an rc car? and grass and pooletc. and SNOW?!?! thats got to be awesome!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:10 PM
makg

wow, it's really starting to sound like MMs are junk...I would definitally get an SL, it's really fun to drive it on the ground and on the water
Old 10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
googledperson

ORIGINAL: makg

wow, it's really starting to sound like MMs are junk...I would definitally get an SL, it's really fun to drive it on the ground and on the water
i dunno if their junk but when i made mine go forward it would go forward and then swing back and repeat until it crashed. ill just stick with my piccoz and my tru has the SL tomorrow and 5 batteries. is 1 battery enough? or should i get 2?
Old 10-03-2006, 08:47 PM
frank10

yes, it's worth it. get 2 batts
Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM
McNeil

I got my SL yesterday and have charged and run it twice. SO far It does not have enough power to really fly well. Even in expert mode with full up elevator (and trim) it barly flies and in any turn doesn't have enough power to stay up. So... I'm hoping it just takes a couple of more charging cycles to get it up to speed.

On the battery issue - If you can get an extra one without the charger for less then the $30 cost I'd definatly get it. It takes a couple of hours to charge and you will be in the field (it does take a fairly large flying area - we are not talking about the kind of space the AA flys in!!!) and you will only have about 10 min flying time with only one battery. at my TRU there was only one SL and one battery.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Djstinger

Google, Yes the SL is worth it. I wasted 3 days and I don't know how many hours trying to get that damm MM to fly, I even tried 2 of them. I had the same forward problemes you did. I tried every mod I could find and nothing worked , but man is it cool looking or what...

After my couple of short flights with my SL I have been having some range trouble , it will die when it gets about 30' away. I walk up to it and it will work again. Could it be the battery that I am using ( 1000 mAh 20c ) ?
Tried new batteries in the tx , nothing.

My elevator trim needs to be all the down to get it level with the body. Shouldn't the trim be in the center on the controller and then the elevator naturally would be level with the body? when my trim is in center the elevator is pointing down. is this normal? I this how you should drive it on the ground?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:44 PM
McNeil

IN theory the trim lever should be centered to level the elevator BUT the point of having a trim lever is that things are not always perfect. In any case there will be times when you will want to fly with a setting a bit higher or lower. You can always use a smnall neddle nose plyers to bend the wire jsus before it goes into the hole on the rudder piece. Bending it a bit forward or bckward (increasing or decreasing the angle of the bend that is already in it) will allow you to center the rudder while having the trim centered.

I've now gone through 4 battery cycles and not able to get it to fly much yet. Skitters around on an asphalt parking lot like crazy though!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:13 AM
STARWARSFAN

I was able to get mine to fly on only the third charge, The instructions said it would be in " teach mode " for 10 cycles. I did not have this happen. It went into expert mode on only the third charge. The next change for me will be to remove the prop guards for a power upgrade.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:13 PM
McNeil

Well ... I've gone through 5 charge, discharge cycles and it still won't fly. If I have the TX set to expert with everything set to up elevators I can launch off an elevated sidewalk over a grassy field and get it out to about 150 ft just barly flying level at full power. Any attempt to turn is very unstable and of course it also loses altitude and lands. Not enough power to run along on wet short grass either. I've flowen some pretty hot planes so I am not so scared of flying in the expert mode but at the introductury level it will hardly even skitter around on fairly smooth asphalt and won't turn at all. SO--- back it goes.[&o]
Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Ched

ORIGINAL: Djstinger

Google, Yes the SL is worth it. I wasted 3 days and I don't know how many hours trying to get that damm MM to fly, I even tried 2 of them. I had the same forward problemes you did. I tried every mod I could find and nothing worked , but man is it cool looking or what...

After my couple of short flights with my SL I have been having some range trouble , it will die when it gets about 30' away. I walk up to it and it will work again. Could it be the battery that I am using ( 1000 mAh 20c ) ?
Tried new batteries in the tx , nothing.

My elevator trim needs to be all the down to get it level with the body. Shouldn't the trim be in the center on the controller and then the elevator naturally would be level with the body? when my trim is in center the elevator is pointing down. is this normal? I this how you should drive it on the ground?

I use an 830 mAh and have the same problem. I think there is a safety that shuts off the motors when they get too many amps. The same thing happens if something stops a prop with the motors on. I can hold mine in my hand, and at full throttle it will die in a few seconds. I may take mine back because of this. It has been too windy to fly mine.
My elevator is flat with the trim in the center. It works good. The main difference between novice and expert mode is you have no steering with the throttle off in novice and it does steer in expert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.