Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Storm Launcher!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Seek and Destroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *!STORM LAUNCHER!*

Oh thanks. Why is the bat so small then?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:19 AM
msim

What is the SLs speed, and what is the smallest space it should be flown in? The reason why I ask is because our road circles around at a dead in, and it has a lot of space within tha circle that I have flown many a plane. Way too much area for a Aero Ace. If not able to fly in that area, I will just drive it around or take it to the nearby empty baseball park.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:20 PM
McNeil

It's fast and takes up space quickly. I fly in a fairly large soccor field as well as in a slightly smaller park without any trees. I feel most comfortable in the full size field. No way are you going to fly it like the AA (not even in the monoplane configuration).
Old 12-14-2006, 08:59 AM
JJM

I'll put it this way. On pavement it would probably give my buddy's nitro truck a good run, on snow or ice it would SMOKE the truck.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Seek and Destroy

What would you say is the minimum space I could fly it in? What kind of battery upgrades can I do with the stock electronics? I still want it to be a 7.4v. Or is a 3 cell going to work with the stock electronics? I imagine a 3 cell would be too much. ANd can the stock electronics take 2 brushless motors?
Old 12-15-2006, 08:44 AM
JJM

As for minimum space, I'd say about the area of a baseball diamond at least. I've only actually flown mine a couple of times. It takes some getting used to for sure. I'm using the stock battery for now, and I know there's a lot of talk about upgrades on the other forum. And you cannot use stock electronics with brushless motors. Sorry, I'm pretty new to this so that's all I can tell ya.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:36 AM
m3pgi

this is a really dumb question but what does "CA" stand for when you guys are talking about repairing your SL?? Im guessing some type of glue??
Old 12-20-2006, 06:54 AM
UAV Pilot

ORIGINAL: m3pgi

this is a really dumb question but what does "CA" stand for when you guys are talking about repairing your SL?? Im guessing some type of glue??
CA stands for Cyanoacrylate Adhesive, or super glue. There is special made stuff just for foam as regular CA melts foam. It very expensive though and make the foam brittle especially EPP foam that the SL is made from. I like to Use Hot glue when repairing mine . It is very cheap and dries quick . Some others like to use Gorilla glue. Its flexible like Hot glue but take longer to dry and has a off color to it, but doesn't melt the foam like Hot glue can if you let it sit to long and get too hot.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Seek and Destroy

I like to use the gorilla glue. It works fine, and it hasn't eaten any of my foam either. Neither has my ca glue which isn't foam safe.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:33 PM
m3pgi

thanks!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Rdy12

HA!!! My SL is 27 inches long, 16 wide, has one BRUSHLESS motor, a 3-cell lipo, goes close to 60 mph on ice, and has a programmable ESC. Actually, it's not an SL, but a walkera #58, the thing that any SL wants to be when it grows up! And as for the nitro truck, I feel bad for it's speed abilities. The SL only goes 20-25 mph.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:29 PM
m3pgi

how much did you pay for the walkera..?? I am afraid to spend a grip and crash and burn. I got my Sl for $60 with battery so to me its well worth it!!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:50 PM
UAV Pilot

ORIGINAL: rdy11

HA!!! My SL is 27 inches long, 16 wide, has one BRUSHLESS motor, a 3-cell lipo, goes close to 60 mph on ice, and has a programmable ESC. Actually, it's not an SL, but a walkera #58, the thing that any SL wants to be when it grows up! And as for the nitro truck, I feel bad for it's speed abilities. The SL only goes 20-25 mph.
HA!!! my brushless SL will run rings around that one crash piece off shiznet[:'(]. Two motors will always be way more maneuverable then one motor setups anyday[8D].

Here's a couple video's of it with just elevator and dual motors only, >[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_e9K32kBNc]here[/link] < and >[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMCLUiJqaZY&mode=related&search=]here[/link]<. Lets set that thing you bought flat spin like that!. And you should see what it can do now that I added split elevons, unbelievable[X(]

And by the way, The stock SL has been clocked between 30 to 35 MPH straight and level
Old 12-22-2006, 08:30 PM
m3pgi

UAV your sl is insane! how much do you think all the mods costs you. I would love to have a setup like that, but I am not the right person to be opening up my sl and trying to mod it myself.. plus I am sure it would take a while to learn the new controls and what not. What kind of remote control are you using? Whats the abbrev for remote control?
Old 12-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Rdy12

Ya know, UAV, if I were you, I wouldn't be insulting something with 22 sq. in. of rudder. And you still haven't figured out what 60 mph means. My "one crash piece off shiznet" is capable of inverted flat spins, and is CF-reinforced. I did the CF myself. And can your SL hit a street sign at full speed and be flying again in 5 minutes? And gyroscopic force from the two props on your SL, combined with their smaller size, cuts your maneuverability a lot. And m3pgi, it was $170 with shipping. I guess you've never seen a 58 in action, UAV.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:55 PM
UAV Pilot

ORIGINAL: rdy11

Ya know, UAV, if I were you, I wouldn't be insulting something with 22 sq. in. of rudder. And you still haven't figured out what 60 mph means. My "one crash piece off shiznet" is capable of inverted flat spins, and is CF-reinforced. I did the CF myself. And can your SL hit a street sign at full speed and be flying again in 5 minutes? And gyroscopic force from the two props on your SL, combined with their smaller size, cuts your maneuverability a lot. And m3pgi, it was $170 with shipping. I guess you've never seen a 58 in action, UAV.
Dude , I invented the dam thing, I have seen them all!!! YOU have NO idea WHAT your talking about.......................
Old 12-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Seek and Destroy

I'm getting mine tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:45 AM
monstermaker13

lol UAV

get him
Old 12-24-2006, 09:25 AM
msim

I am also getting mine tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:18 AM
googledperson

hey UAV dont pay attention to that guy hes an idiot. but anyways what should i do to get a roll again? i have a stock SL with horizontal stabilizer removed. Also, is therre anyway to get a backwards loop rather than a stall and rollover?
Old 12-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Seek and Destroy

I need help, QUICK!!!!!!!!! How do I brake in the motors. I know somebody said it, but I can't find it in this thread. And how do I connnect my radio to the sim?
Old 12-24-2006, 08:31 PM
GeekGod

60 mph? pfft. I am thinking and reading with a pair of these new "ELERC" C20 2900KV's that you should be able to smash 60MPH easily. Maybe 70+? 25K is rated for about 70MPH so with two motors? Holy jeez.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:27 PM
msim

you break in the motors by running the SL at no more than half throttle for the 1st or 2nd flight. you could go more but, this is what I heard. It says how to break them in in the instruction manual if I am correct.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Seek and Destroy

I might of read over the insructions a little quick then. cause all I saw was drive it on the ground for the first 2 packs or something. I did 1/2, and I guess I will do it 1 more pack then. This thing is a blast.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Rdy12

hey UAV dont pay attention to that guy hes an idiot. but anyways what should i do to get a roll again? i have a stock SL with horizontal stabilizer removed. Also, is therre anyway to get a backwards loop rather than a stall and rollover?

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.