Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Storm Launcher!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Dave ESPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *!STORM LAUNCHER!*

The case and charger is so damn clean looking and handy though ! Just need to retro fit the jacks to it in a plane I think and I'll be good to go......
Old 12-08-2007, 03:34 PM
frednjess

The cases and assorted jacks add weight. Weight still = bad. But, I guess if you want to keep the cases you could jam a couple of banana clips in the input holes. Simplest way I can think of to make the case work.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
ahaacobbler

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI
Just wish the lipos from the SL's were compatable with other units.. I have 3 bats and 2 chargers now listed int eh RCU buyers section with some spare guts from a SL
I couldn't find the stuff you are selling. Could you please post a link? I don't suppose you are selling any motors or R/X boards?

My SL #3 is on its way from Spinmaster. I sure wish I had bought the SL with the TRU warrantee. The first and second stopped flying straight pretty quickly. Then I combined the 2 good motors from the first 2 in one fusalage and now one of those motors is weak too. I am told that the spinmaster is discontinuing the SL. I have to agree with their decision. The SL a lot of fun, but its hard to get much use out of one before it dies.

Cobbler.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:21 PM
trinogt

Mine lasted a good while. However, a few months of use followed by inevitable failure of the motors is not a good thing, at least when there are no replacement motors easily available.
In the rc hobby, the true hobbyists will fix and keep flying/driving, but when parts are not available, it gets impossible to do this.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Dave ESPI

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=347848

I completely agree. If Spinmaster had made a press release as to where to get the motors ( or if they sold them) they could have saved themselves a lot of money, and also made a lot more offset repair cost.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 PM
cobalt jones
My Feedback: (20)

Hey, I'm new to RCU and haven't yet figured out how to start a forum thread. So I'll just jump in here incongruously and ask my question. I'm building a biplane of balsa and foam purely from my imagination and I don't see any good reason to have two elevator halves instead of just one long elevator. I don't like for example, on my Mini Funtana, how the one without the horn doesn't quite follow the other to the same degree. You can imagine the outcome of this inadvertant aileron in flight. So, why can't I just cut one piece of foam to look like two elevators, but actually be only one piece? In fact, I don't understand why it isn't done frequently on small electrics, to avoid the rear aileron syndrome aforementioned. Any comments or suggestions are invited. Particularly, suggestions on how to link a servo to an elevator of such span. I'm guessing I should simply treat it as I would an aileron, but I don't want the horn to fall left or right of center.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Dave ESPI

Cobalt, good luck ! not sure of your ability level, but there is a few other areas on this forum such as SCRATCHBUILDERS in foamies which will be better suited for your post.

CLICK " NEW THREAD" in one of the sections and then fillinthe blanks and hit OK.

HTH.
D/
Old 07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
cobalt jones
My Feedback: (20)

ok thanks