Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

hmm.. what plane??

Old 06-29-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmm.. what plane??

Well put it this way, I've been very bored lately as the summer winds pick up and are to strong to fly my bigger eletrics. So first thing that came to mind is, Indoor micro eletric. I'm talking about the planes small enough to fly in yur living room.! I've seen the plantraco butterfly and like it a lot, yet thje price is a litlle out of my range.[&o] So bassically I need your advise on a small living room flyer priced under $200.

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:23 PM

Default RE: hmm.. what plane??

You should just buy a Aero Ace, take the electronics out and put them into a balsa plane, or you could spend 160.00 more for one you didnt build with your own hands
Old 06-29-2006, 01:34 PM

Ya the aero ace.... I've seen it fly yet it's a little to fast to fly in a living room.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:57 PM

i thnk the butterfly is your best bet. its 3 channel and is small enough and slow enough to fly inside but would be able to fly outside on those NO wind days.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:09 PM

Well now I'm actually considering the aero ace for it's price, and then converting it to balsa. with motor control and rudder. So any plans on converting to balsa?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 PM

you probably want a 3 channel cause it would be able to fly slower cause you would have an elevator.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:01 PM

3 channel will cost me much more. (Atleast $50). I'll stick with 2 channel.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:47 PM

just make sure it has some lift so it doesn't bump into couches or hit tv's. to give it some lift angle back the whole rudder and it will give it some lift when it turns. btw, don't angle back the flap on the rudder but angle back the part of the rudder that sticks up.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: rc18t145

just make sure it has some lift so it doesn't bump into couches or hit tv's. to give it some lift angle back the whole rudder and it will give it some lift when it turns. btw, don't angle back the flap on the rudder but angle back the part of the rudder that sticks up.
Hmmmmm...... The part of the elevator that sticks up[sm=confused.gif]?????? Do you mean the elevator?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 PM

you know how the whole rudder and elevator assembly looks like an upside down "T", well if you angle back the part that sticks up from the upside down"T" (the whole rudder assembly then you get lift when you turn in acertain direction.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: rc18t145

you know how the whole rudder and elevator assembly looks like an upside down "T", well if you angle back the part that sticks up from the upside down"T" (the whole rudder assembly then you get lift when you turn in acertain direction.
No Idon't know how "the whole rudder and elevator assembly looks like an upside down "T"".....( Will you please explain to me). I'm thinking of designing my own model out of balsa.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:43 PM

ok, if you have a plane put it in you hands and turn it around so your looking at the back of the plane. you see the rudder and elevator, and it looks like an upside down upside down capitol letter "T". if you turn the plane sideways you should see the fuselage and the front wing, but look at the back of the plane. you see a skinny thing sticking out(elevator) and you see a fat thing going up (rudder). well what you do is angle the fat thing (rudder) back so it's sloped back more. example, if it was angled back 20 degrees then you would angle it back some to 30 or 40 degrees.(anything that is angled back more). when it is angled back more it provides some elevator at the same time you mave the rudder. if you can wait til' later tonight i'll try and get some pics of what i mean.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:59 PM

Ya I'll wait until you get some pics. Sounds a little confusing but pictures of it should solve the problem.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:29 PM

ok i'll try and get them up later tonight.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:10 PM

evader master i'm so sorry it's just i don't know how to work my dads computer as well as my moms computer so i have the pics i just have to wait till i get to my moms house to upload them. so i'll have them up by 2 - 3 pm tommorrow.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Ya that's all right...... I can wait. But thanks for trying!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:42 PM
My Feedback: (1)

the butterfly is only 2 channel. they are making some new 3 channel butterfly RX's, but an elevator isnt too necessary on these tiny planes, the throttle does a better job on gaining altitude than the AA does.

unfortunately, there isnt a lot of other options at this point for RTF living room flyers. Didel makes some, as does Nick Leichty, but they're no cheaper than the butterfly. you could buy all the parts seperately and it would still be pretty close to the electronics in the butterfly, so either way, its not a cheap thing. give it a year or so and they'll be a lot cheaper.

nick
Old 06-29-2006, 11:06 PM

Well for now I'm going to attempt to make an aero ace bipe slow-flyer out of scratch. Read my other thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4447072/tm.htm