Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

What to build out of aa guts?

Old 06-30-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to build out of aa guts?

I went out and bought some good balsa to build a better plane out of my aeroace... so I need your help. what should I make? and could you give me a link to some plans? also, is it a good idea to flip the props around and make it a puller instead of the pusher it allready is? what are the advantages or disadvantages to this? thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What to build out of aa guts?

AA ToonRacer build: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4401704/tm.htm
some other plans: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3773941/tm.htm

go through the first couple pages of this forum and you'll probably find some other threads with AA powered planes. if nothing else, just look for any twin engine aircraft and it should work for the AA parts.

nick
Old 07-02-2006, 09:19 PM

Try the toonracer from micro. It was my first scratch built plane and was not that hard to do. Best of all it cost me about 60 cents of balsa and 45 minutes......and it flies too. I made a few mods on the second one i built (as they are so fast to build I've started playing around already) and will post a photo in the step by step guide kindly provided by micro.

Clovus
Old 07-03-2006, 11:00 AM

does it make a difference if you flip the props around and put them on the leading edge of the wing?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:54 AM
My Feedback: (1)

brimo, i'm sure there's a differance, but not much to tell. it seems to work just fine with the motors in either direction, so its up to you if you want to flip the props (it can be a pain sometimes).

nick