Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Toon Racer

Old 07-22-2006, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toon Racer

I am planning on making a Toon racer but maybe someone can help me out. I want to make it a single motor with an actuator on the rudder. I want to use the motor out of an e-charger because I hear they have more power. Will the stock esc/reciever from an aero ace hold up to the e-charger motor? Will the e-charger motor have to power to make it fly? How would I wire up the actuator for the rudder? How do I charge the battery if I take off the charging jack to save some weight?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toon Racer

the RX and lipo will handle the larger motor, but you could also probably use a 7mm SuperSlick motor that they sell at toys r us. they're pretty strong and weigh less. if you look in the aeroace/x-twin planes thread, or the step by step toonracer thread, you'll find some pictures that show how to attatch the actuator to the RX. you'll have to buy a seperate lipo charger and some micro plugs if you remove the charging jack from the RX. the switch can also be removed, as well as the electrolytic cap can be replaced with an SMD equivilant, and the charging diode can be removed too. doing all that will bring the RX to around .9 grams w/o wires, but it can be made even lighter (but i havent read up enough to know what they did to it).

nick