Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

aeroacemods.com safe?

Old 08-04-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aeroacemods.com safe?

Folk,

Regarding Aero Aces from AeroAceMods.com, has anyone successfully ordered from aeroacemods? I placed an order with them about 9 days ago, paid for immediately and have yet to recieve any communication with them and have been unable to get in touch with them.

I'm just wondering if I should be more patient as folk have had good luck with them in the past, or if one should be concerned?

Thanks,

-jbl
Old 08-04-2006, 03:32 PM

Default RE: aeroacemods.com safe?

both
Old 08-04-2006, 04:33 PM

Hrm... Thanks.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:35 PM

Ah ha. I -think- my package from AAMods is now in town; USPS didn't leave it, but I seem to have a package+tracking number sourced from seattle awaiting re-delivery.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:22 PM

Well, I recieved my goods from AeroAceMods.com today via USPS. However, I will not being doing business with them again in the future. I've received 0 communication from them after the order was placed despite multiple calls, emails and even a dispute through paypal.com.

Customer Service is a significant portion of running a business, and I feel that aeroacemods.com has completely missed on that part.

Thanks,

-jbl
Old 08-05-2006, 09:16 PM

I ordered from there too. But I liked them. They gave me a couple e-mails and it got here in a week.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:56 PM

rc18t145, well, that's good to hear at least. Perhaps it's just been an odd week for Mac and AeroAceMods... I did receive exactly what I ordered... the lack of communication just made me nervous.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:31 AM

I ordered a few items from them and it took about a week. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Never e-mailed them because I figured they're busy enough.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:32 PM

There's nothing worse than the supplier not keeping in touch if a customer has a concern or if things are moving slowly in the delivery department. I don't blame you for getting nervous - especially when they don't answer. It's rude and poor business practise. It's a small niche market and to treat the few who actually support them badly is self destructive in my opinion.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:34 AM

Take a deep breath, go outside, fly a plane. Mostly be understanding that, although a business, those are people you're dealing with. It's hard telling why they did not contact you. Simple fact is that you did recieve what you ordered. It could be the delivery companies blame as much as theirs if you did not recieve it in a timely manner. Perhaps the people responsible for returning your concerns never recieved your mails.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:31 PM

A little history on my behalf to understand my standing:
I have been trying to resolve issues with micro r/c gear I ordered in December last year from DU. 8 months on and I still have not got a single plane in the air due to faulty equipment which I have been trying to exchange. I have been trying to contact the company personnel for the last 3 weeks via email, posts on their forum, PM's to other employee's/owners and telephone calls - all unsuccessful in getting an answer. That, to me, requires more than taking a deep breath to make me all better. It is simply rude to treat a customer who spent over 500 bucks with them in this manner. I feel a customer should always receive good attention, no matter what or why or when - keep them in the loop. If the Co. sent the item - email the customer telling them that. How hard is it to type "Your order has been sent. Should be there soon!."

I have my own business and even if one of my clients puts forward a work request that has a value of 5 bucks, I answer either straight away or within 24 hours depending on work load - most of the time having completed the requested task as well. Maybe I treat customers how I would like to be treated - but not everyone has that same business ethic.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Nitrocharged
Maybe I treat customers how I would like to be treated
yeah, but if thats the way things were, we'd never get to have any of those fun patent "discussions"
Old 08-07-2006, 10:06 PM

aeroacemods.com is quick when you e-mail them.
I sent them one about 3 hours ago, and they just sent me the e-mail
I expected from a company like them to wait a couple of days to get to my e-mail.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: msim

aeroacemods.com is quick when you e-mail them.
I sent them one about 3 hours ago, and they just sent me the e-mail
I expected from a company like them to wait a couple of days to get to my e-mail.
I placed an order yesterday. i hope it goes well.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:21 PM

i have had only good things to say about aeroacemods.com. my stuff came quick and i was happy with the light mod. you can use it on any rc plane and its very cheap