Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

AIR HOGS HELIX

Old 11-23-2006, 10:42 PM
msim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIR HOGS HELIX

I cant seem to find them anywhere. Not at a single major retailors site. Is this because of the recall (If so, is it just temporary?) I know Im not crazy, because I had it linked and it isnt there anymore. This seemed like a great helicopter and I was thinking of getting it, but they are no where to be found.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:05 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

i think they've pulled all helix helis off the shelf untill the get the recal resolved. it is a bummer cause i liked the helix, but i only got to fly it a few times before my cell went bad. i'm not going to send mine in though for a return, i'm just going to use the RX for a plane.

nick
Old 11-24-2006, 02:49 AM
ICHItheKILLER

You can keep the electrics, hey just wanted the battery cover to the TX and the clipped off top rotor.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:36 PM
FORDMIKE65

I just came back from Hobby People where my friend just purchased a Helix. They're on sale for $59.99 this holiday weekend. I checked the recall link & his doesn't fall under this recall. Maybe they've already fixed the problem on the newer ones. I hear him crashing into everything in the living room as I type this. I think I might have to go get one before they close tonight!!
Old 12-10-2006, 01:55 PM
jaejw1

does anyone know where to get replacement parts for it,,
Old 12-18-2006, 07:59 PM
UAV Pilot

Spinmasters has renamed the Helix . It is now called the Reflex

It has it own website that can be found here > [link=https://www.spinmaster.com/product.php?productid=16219&s=reflex]Reflex[/link] <

I was the one that did the flying in the commercial on the web site and TV.
We had a stack of them there for the shoot. Like many mass produced Toys , not all of them where the same. Some definitely had more power then the others . I think it was a matter of how well the gear mesh was set. But they did all fly. Some just better then others.

I don't want to compare it to other small Helli's out there cause unlike some of the larger counter rotating Helli's, it doesn't have a Gyro.
And unlike some of the smaller Helli's available, it has a little more maneuverability.
I had a lot of fun flying it around, and it can be very predictable to fly. I think most problems come from flying them in small rooms or around a lot of object's where you get a lot of rotor wash from itself, causing it to wonder around a lot. I know it flew very smooth until the camera guy started chasing me everywhere. I crashed into him and his camera a lot

Still pretty cool for the price IMOP
Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 PM
localbuzz

Costco Wholesale is selling them for $44.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:01 AM
jackhall

Hi, I just purchased my Helix at Hobby People tonight, and let me say, I have a few electric heli's and I love this little thing!! it does take a little while to get used to how it operates, example: if you move the right stick it wont move to the side, it will just spin, so you have to rotate the body then release the stick to get it to turn, but once you get used to it after a couple charges this thing is a blast!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 02:33 PM
skunkworks2006

Has anyone tried to do anything with the left over parts from a recalled Helix? I sent my parts in and now I'm wondering what to do with the extra gear. Should I just hang onto it for parts or does anyone have a good idea? What would you do, and how would you do it?
Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 AM
GantryG

$44 for a Helix at Costco is an awesome price. I saw one at Wal-Mart for $61.x

They also have the new Air Hogs Picco Z's, but I did not see the price.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:16 PM
EvilE

I just got the Helix on Ebay!! I have flown it a couple times, but crash a lot. When I placed the bid, I emailed and asked the seller if this was a "good" model, and not a recalled one, they responded back that this was a clean one, not a recalled one, guess what?? I got it, and it IS a recalled one!! The UPC and serial numbers both match that of the recalled ones--I am POed!!! Now what do I do?? Just keep it, and hope for the best or what?? I emailed the seller about it, and have not gotten a response.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:07 PM
EvilE

From what I can gather, the Reflex has a lower powered battery 250 MAH instead of the Helix's 300 Mah. The charger is different also.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
EvilE

ORIGINAL: UAV Pilot

Spinmasters has renamed the Helix . It is now called the Reflex

It has it own website that can be found here > [link=https://www.spinmaster.com/product.php?productid=16219&s=reflex]Reflex[/link] <

I was the one that did the flying in the commercial on the web site and TV.
We had a stack of them there for the shoot. Like many mass produced Toys , not all of them where the same. Some definitely had more power then the others . I think it was a matter of how well the gear mesh was set. But they did all fly. Some just better then others.

I don't want to compare it to other small Helli's out there cause unlike some of the larger counter rotating Helli's, it doesn't have a Gyro.
And unlike some of the smaller Helli's available, it has a little more maneuverability.
I had a lot of fun flying it around, and it can be very predictable to fly. I think most problems come from flying them in small rooms or around a lot of object's where you get a lot of rotor wash from itself, causing it to wonder around a lot. I know it flew very smooth until the camera guy started chasing me everywhere. I crashed into him and his camera a lot

Still pretty cool for the price IMOP
wWhich pilot are you? I see like three or 4 different people flying them in the commercial